Rocker Panel Molding

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi All, I am wanting to install aftermarket Rocker Panel Moldings, made by Corvex, which I have been laying around for years. My 71 Convertible didn't have them from the factory, so no holes. I am wondering about the clip spacing so I know where I need to drill the holes! Does anybody have them on their car and can provide pictures or better yet, measurements!! Thanks for any advice!!

Hi All, I am wanting to install aftermarket Rocker Panel Moldings, made by Corvex, which I have been laying around for years. My 71 Convertible didn't have them from the factory, so no holes. I am wondering about the clip spacing so I know where I need to drill the holes! Does anybody have them on their car and can provide pictures or better yet, measurements!! Thanks for any advice!!
Do they use the OEM style clips that are each held on by 2 rivets?

Do they use the OEM style clips that are each held on by 2 rivets?
Yes, they are OEM style but perhaps a different material, held on by 2 rivets each. The most outer clips are metal!

I have a 72 Q code vert with the rocker moldings. The clips are still on the car I think. I will go down when the rain slows down and get some pics I can also get you some measurements of locations. 

On one of my parts buying trips a guy had a new set and had crashed his car so I got a deal on them. The originals were aluminum anodized and the repo are also. Do not know how they fit will be a while before the go on. 

So if your car did not have them was part of the appearance protection group. That included the narrow bump strip and wheel opening trim also. 

One of my other verts has the Decor Group which I think looks better. Pic attached.

More later today for sure.

I got you some pics and info today will have to get off phone to computer will post up tomorrow. The PO of the car I was going to use welded up the holes, lol. I did have a 73 with the clips in place. It looks like it was standard equipment on a 73 there is nothing on the Marti showing it as an option. 

More to come tomorrow.

Here is what info I have looks like someone has added much better pics. This car is missing some of the clips and has paint all over them. The other car the PO welded up all the holes so nothing there. There is a sketch also of what I see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Front hole about 1.25” rear from the lip of the fender, and about 3.125” up from the bottom if you measure with a cloth tape or “roll” a steel ruler like I did.

Center of plastic clip on fender is about 9 3/8” from front lip of fender. I slid the rule under the fender trim to measure.

Back