Roll Bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach 1 marc

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 lincoln 460,72 Grande 351 cleveland
Anyone know where to get an already made roll bar for a 71 mach 1 that allows for rear seat passenger . Thanks in advance Marc

Marc,

Do you want a bar that can pass tech at the track (provide real rollover protection) or one just for show?

Almost all the ones I have seen installed require some butchering of the interior. But all make the passenger seat area a little more cramped.

Ray

IMAG0429.jpg

www.swracecars.com

They have a street bar that is just a 4 point all the way up to a full cage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of installing a roll bar in my 73 mach 1 right now. It's a Competition Engineering 8 point bar, however I'm putting it in as a 6 point. So the main hoop, the 2 rails going to the trunk and 2 bars going to the Tinman subframe connector I installed. I am not using the 2 bars that go along the doors. The back seat room with this configuration limits the back seat use. You could install it as a 4 point bar and still have use of the BS. you would need to cut some holes in the rear side panels for the main hoop to go through and 2 holes for the rails going to the trunk. You would still have a pretty good back seat area, installing the 2 bars going to the sub frames would take away quite a bit of your floor space area and installing the 2 door bars would make access to the BS very limited!

Marc,

Do you want a bar that can pass tech at the track (provide real rollover protection) or one just for show?

Almost all the ones I have seen installed require some butchering of the interior. But all make the passenger seat area a little more cramped.

Ray
Both thanks for the reply

www.swracecars.com

They have a street bar that is just a 4 point all the way up to a full cage.
Can that be used at the track as well.

I'm in the process of installing a roll bar in my 73 mach 1 right now. It's a Competition Engineering 8 point bar, however I'm putting it in as a 6 point. So the main hoop, the 2 rails going to the trunk and 2 bars going to the Tinman subframe connector I installed. I am not using the 2 bars that go along the doors. The back seat room with this configuration limits the back seat use. You could install it as a 4 point bar and still have use of the BS. you would need to cut some holes in the rear side panels for the main hoop to go through and 2 holes for the rails going to the trunk. You would still have a pretty good back seat area, installing the 2 bars going to the sub frames would take away quite a bit of your floor space area and installing the 2 door bars would make access to the BS very limited!
I got npd frame connectors i would like something for the track and back seat room .. thanks for the reply.

Every roll bar/cage has a horizontal bar at shoulder level in the main hoop that you would attach your 5 pt harnesses to that a passenger w ould have to crawl over. The back seat is pretty much just for small kids when you add a roll bar.

Every roll bar/cage has a horizontal bar at shoulder level in the main hoop that you would attach your 5 pt harnesses to that a passenger w ould have to crawl over. The back seat is pretty much just for small kids when you add a roll bar.
thanks, marc

Dang forgot about bar!!!!
???? Dang me too i guess.. LOL thanks marc

Back