Round Seat Belt Warning Light Bezel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi ALL! A while ago I was lucky enough to purchase a complete 71 round seat belt light but most all of the chrome was gone so I came up with this idea, it's been in my head for a while LOL. I bought some chrome looking tape, used a small nut the diameter of only the red "Belts" light. Taped a piece of the chrome tape on a flat clean surface put the nut on the tape and clamped it down with a big clamp. Then I cut around that nut carefully with an exacto knife and peeled the tape off and only leaving the cut out piece on the surface. Took the other piece that I peeled off and stuck it to front of the light. Pressed that on for a while. Carefully tucked it in with my finger nail going all the way around. Cut a longer piece and rolled it around the circumference of the light and cut that very carefully, front and back, changing the blades a few times. It is not perfect and my camera picked up the jagged edges but it looks much better now than it did before and won't be that noticeable once it's installed.

IMG_1268 (2).JPG

Back