ruff boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very rough indeed - but not humanly impossible to restore...yet.

At any rate, it should make for a fine Dynacornmobile.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Very rough indeed - but not humanly impossible to restore...yet.

At any rate, it should make for a fine Dynacornmobile.

-Kurt
Looks concerning to me. The metalwork is probably no more extensive than I did on mine. Rear 1/4s, Tail light panel, trunk floor, floorboards, aprons, crossmembers, fenders, bumpers, and frame rails.

What scares me is a supposedly original car with the ram-air cleaner missing and standard valve covers. If everything is so original, why would those tell tale visual cues be gone?

^^ I completely agree. Makes me wonder what my 44k miles Boss 351 is worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What scares me is a supposedly original car with the ram-air cleaner missing and standard valve covers. If everything is so original, why would those tell tale visual cues be gone?
It ought to scare you - that's a 351 Windsor sitting in there.

-Kurt

I was a little suspect of the listing using the words "unmolested" and "not sure if it is original or not" at the same time...
That's like saying that you've found a virgin call girl. Doesn't exist. Just like factory-original Boss 351 Windsors. rofl

-Kurt

Oh my... flashbacks to the Craigslist ad I answered 4.5 years ago (make it stop... make it stop... runs away screaming).

Oh my... flashbacks to the Craigslist ad I answered 4.5 years ago (make it stop... make it stop... runs away screaming).
Heck, even yours looked better than this one when you dragged it home.

If it hurts that much, take a peek in the garage at your finished product ;)

-Kurt

Yeah, no kidding. I actually think you're right, that this poor thing's worse off than mine was - my roof, hood, and doors weren't nearly as bad. I shudder to think of what the cowl looks like.

Are you sure that's a Windsor? The valve covers seem to suggest you're right, but the heater hoses still say Cleveland water pump to me.

Yeah, no kidding. I actually think you're right, that this poor thing's worse off than mine was - my roof, hood, and doors weren't nearly as bad. I shudder to think of what the cowl looks like.

Are you sure that's a Windsor? The valve covers seem to suggest you're right, but the heater hoses still say Cleveland water pump to me.
Look closely at the upper hose. It doesn't go straight down into the block - it connects parallel to the length of the car into the intake manifold.

That's also a 2-barrel Autolite 2100 sticking out through the air cleaner too - compare the choke horn casting:

MC-2100-RB-70.jpg

-Kurt

Look closely at the upper hose. It doesn't go straight down into the block - it connects parallel to the length of the car into the intake manifold.

That's also a 2-barrel Autolite 2100 sticking out through the air cleaner too - compare the choke horn casting:

MC-2100-RB-70.jpg

-Kurt
Fair enough!

Back