Rust removal

mus72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 fastback
I thought I'd share this with you ,tried it and it works surprisingly well (apologies if its been posted before)

cheap and cheerful 1 gallon of molasses cost me £4.50

Tnfastbk

VIP Members
Staff member
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Guess if you have weeks it would be fine. My luck it would attract bees everywhere I drove:s

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
Yeah, I wish he gave the concentration of molasses. A big tub of pure molasses would cost a fortune!

Hmmm...maybe instead one should use a molasses product instead, such as rum?

mus72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 fastback
The mix is 9 parts water to1 part molasses before you knock it try it;as far as expense goes whats cheaper?

I know its not for everyone I made up a bin full not expecting much put a few bits in to try it pulled them out 3 days later and washed them and it had brought up shiny metal less damaging than blasting and the solution can be thrown down the drain.

Tnfastbk

VIP Members
Staff member
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Not sure anyone was knocking it just had more questions about it. My comment was on the time it takes.

blkulis

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
I thought I'd share this with you ,tried it and it works surprisingly well (apologies if its been posted before)

I really like The KBS Coating Products. Used Gas tank sealer and 3 step chassis paint so far on The Stang. Good videos on You Tube.

I really like The KBS Coating Products. Used Gas tank sealer and 3 step chassis paint so far on The Stang. Good videos on You Tube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steven Harris

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande,
1973 MAch 1
Ever tried white vinegar? It is amazing for cleaning rusty metal!

I have two pedal supports soaking today. I'll have to share some before and after in a few days.