Rust to riches: Alabama man stumbles upon $180,000 Dodge Charger Daytona rusting away

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope the person that buys it heads over to marc at graveyard cars for restoration :)

I will have to see one bring that much in that shape they usually don't restored unless Hemi and the 440 would outrun the Hemi unless you spent tons of money.

I have told the story before back when the energy crisis hit in 1974 -5 these cars went to crusher because you could not sell them. The bag boy at the local grocery had one of the Dodge Daytona's and a Superbird he paid hundreds for. It blows my mind how the perceived value of cars is so distorted. Fat check books ruined the old car business that use to be just guys having fun not inflating prices.

Going to have to watch this auction online I guess I do not get it on cable. There are a bunch of nice mustangs coming out for it. This auction is much more real than Barrett Jackson. I think some of the 71-73 mustangs there will go for very low prices with all the Boss cars there.

David

Ok this car did make it to Mecum auction in Florida It was #F186 in catalog. They did not even was the dust off of it and it did sell for $90,000. They had predicted it would bring $180,000.

I was surprised at that price after watching some of the cars not bring half what they did last year.

David

Back