saginaw pump adapter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afeng79

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Hardtop
Does anyone know the correct adapter I need to hook up a GM style saginaw pump to the stock power steering pressure hose? I have tried 3/8 NPT to 3/8 NPT and that apparently is not the correct size. After researching for a while I found the mustang pressure hose fitting is 16mm? Has anyone done this conversion before? Even knowing the stock power steering line fitting size would be helpful.

Take your pump and original hose to a hydraulics shop, they can match the fittings up for you. If you have a NAPA in the area, they usually can make hydraulic hoses on the spot.

Just as an update to this post. I called NAPA and they told me they do fabricate hydraulic hoses to any specification you give them. I headed down to the local NAPA and took the stock hose and saginaw PS pump with me. They were able to take off the metal end up to the connection to the rubber hose and replace it with an 8" section of brake line piping with 3/8" male inverted flare threads on both sides. This made it much easier and I walked out the door paying $5.00. Hooked it right in to the pump and hose. This makes the conversion even easier for anyone looking to modify their power steering pump. Now I end up waiting for CVF racing to ship me the spacers they did not include in their saginaw bracket kit....

Back