Say hello to the new guy...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennschmidt

Reaction score
My Car
‘70 Mach 1
‘71 Mach 1
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all my fellow 71-73 Mustang enthusiasts, my name is Glenn (aka Ghost). Although I am new to this site I am not new to Mustangs. I was raised a Ford guy; my dad had Mustangs (66 and 68 GTs) when I was a kid. Naturally my first car back in 76 was a Ford, a 69 Mach 1. Throughout High School and college my brother and I spent most of our free time working on and modifying our cars, he had a 73 Mach 1. Upon graduating college I was Commissioned in the Air Force and spent the next 28 years serving our country as an Officer, Commander, and Fighter Pilot (F-16s). During my years of service I was, for the most part, out of the collector car business; I sold my Mach 1 shortly after entering the Air Force.

When I retired from the Air Force in 2010 I purchased a 70 Mach 1 and jumped back into the classic Mustang world. Since that time I have also acquired a 72 Lincoln Mark IV and, recently, a 71 Boss 351. My wife is convinced I have a problem and need to attend AA (Automobile Anonymous); although she loves the classic cars but won't admit that fact (so who has the problem!?!?). The 71 Boss 351 is a project car and that is what brought me to this site; I need parts and information. I am also on the Boss 302 registry site which has a section dedicated to the Boss 351.

I look forward to communicating and collaborating with all of you; sharing information and supporting our hobby and the cars we cherish.

Glenn

71mustangfrontside2.jpg

71mustangside.jpg

kirkuk 139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hello to the new guy!!" :)

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe. This site is like AA, so you're in good company.

Please post a pin on our member map. It's under "Fun Stuff" at the top right of the page.

And you can't tell us you have a Boss351 and not show pics. :D

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all my fellow 71-73 Mustang enthusiasts, my name is Glenn (aka Ghost). Although I am new to this site I am not new to Mustangs. I was raised a Ford guy; my dad had Mustangs (66 and 68 GTs) when I was a kid. Naturally my first car back in 76 was a Ford, a 69 Mach 1. Throughout High School and college my brother and I spent most of our free time working on and modifying our cars, he had a 73 Mach 1. Upon graduating college I was Commissioned in the Air Force and spent the next 28 years serving our country as an Officer, Commander, and Fighter Pilot (F-16s). During my years of service I was, for the most part, out of the collector car business; I sold my Mach 1 shortly after entering the Air Force.

When I retired from the Air Force in 2010 I purchased a 70 Mach 1 and jumped back into the classic Mustang world. Since that time I have also acquired a 72 Lincoln Mark IV and, recently, a 71 Boss 351. My wife is convinced I have a problem and need to attend AA (Automobile Anonymous); although she loves the classic cars but won't admit that fact (so who has the problem!?!?). The 71 Boss 351 is a project car and that is what brought me to this site; I need parts and information. I am also on the Boss 302 registry site which has a section dedicated to the Boss 351.

I look forward to communicating and collaborating with all of you; sharing information and supporting our hobby and the cars we cherish.

Glenn
Welcome from the Gulf Coast. Glad you joined us. ::welcome::

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Welcome from FL. Thank you for your service!

Hello from Mississippi. Appreciate your giving 28 years of your life to our country. There are active and retired Military and all year Mustang lovers on this site. So not only can you talk about your Boss 351, you can even mention the 70 Mach 1 and not worry about being banned! Welcome aboard and let us hear more about your Mustangs.

Glenn
::welcome:: From 'Ground Zero'! Another Air Force Vet, though not even a miniscule a position w/in only the 4 years I was in that took me up to an E-4 in duty from Wiesbaden Air Base, Germany and Duluth IAP, MN of AFCS to ADCOM commands, both do not exist these days. Got a lot of photos on my photo album (over 300) from acquisition to tear down and rebuild which since 2003 been more of a hobby of seeing what I can next modify over all of these years. LOL! One photo you will find under a category in ez Gallery you can appreciate.(under an image of a light lime green latter 60's De Tomaso 'Mangusta'- interview of an SR-71 Black Bird Pilot. ::beer::::beer::::beer::I know you must have spent one time or another in a 'Ghasthaus' over in Germany. Though my days of wein and bier has expired, I found one of the oldest breweries in Pennsylvania holds the same great quality as over there. (Yuengling Beer) Mikke

Glenn,

First, thank you for your service to our country. Welcome from Houston, TX.

I guess it goes without saying that you actually know what it's like to go mach 1+!

Please post some pictures soon.

Hello glennschmidt,

Welcome from Wake Forest, NC. I appreciate your 28 years service in the Air Force protecting our freedoms and country as an Officer, Commander, and Fighter Pilot (F-16s).

F-16 Super Hornet - Kick Butt of the U.S Air Force - Yea Baby

1zzmj3o.jpg

mustang7173

Back