SB cam

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims72

Reaction score
My Car
Original owner of 72 flat back
OK cam guys, I came up with this street solid roller spec for a stock stroke 302 with AFR 165 heads for 9-10:1 cr range(450# over the nose beehives), shorties/ 2.25" exhaust. 110* LSA, 261* ad. dur., 229*@.05", .592" lift, .022" lash, installed/106* ICL. Looking for 2k rpm hiwy cruz, and 5800 top end with around 6k redline. I figure net overlap at .05" lift to be about 0 to neg. for a smooth idle and lifters rattling. Am I close to the goal? thanks...j

If that's what you're looking for is smooth idle and rattle under the hood, that should do it. You didn't say what transmission and rear end you have.

I'm just a little curious why you're going this route, that's a pretty mild cam, quite a bit of work and money for a minor gain in performance. And then you'll have to adjust the valves every few thousand miles. Rhoads roller lifters will give you some noise and eliminate the valve adjustments.

If that's what you're looking for is smooth idle and rattle under the hood, that should do it. You didn't say what transmission and rear end you have.

I'm just a little curious why you're going this route, that's a pretty mild cam, quite a bit of work and money for a minor gain in performance. And then you'll have to adjust the valves every few thousand miles. Rhoads roller lifters will give you some noise and eliminate the valve adjustments.

Hello DC, tko500, 3.70Waveloc, 27" tire. Why? Cause it'll be cool at the next Good Guys MotoX.....j

Back