SCCA sanctioned Hill Climb Aug. 15-16 2020

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Thought I would post this info some might be interested in doing this event if your car qualifies in the safety area and you love curves. 

I have lived here all my life with a few years in other areas. I think I have been on this road but years ago before it was popular. 

It is known as the best sports car and motorcycle road in the U.S.A.. I have a friend that has came from Wisconsin several times to ride this road on motorcycles. 

I did not realize that SCCA actually had a hill climb there and found on a Facebook page Chasing the Dragon Hill Climbers. Here is link to info on the actual road. There are no driveways or connecting roads for an 11 miles stretch with 318 curves to carve out. 

https://tailofthedragon.com/

I have also attached a copy of the SCCA rules for the Hill Climb if interested. Like the track days events I have been looking at the safety equipment required is expensive but it is there for a reason. 

I doubt I will be able to have my Q vert ready in time with all my issues right now but will see. 

We use to also have the Chimney Rock SCCA hill climb but it stopped years back. My sister use to work as a corner flag person. Another of those places just down the road from me that I never have visited.

2019 SCCA HILLCLIMB RULES.pdf

Attachments

• 2019 SCCA HILLCLIMB RULES.pdf
    182.7 KB · Views: 1
Back