Seat belt color

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 T5 Q-Code 4-Speed
As I did a lot of research, read many posts, watched some useful videos I nonetheless do not find a definite answer! 

What color should the seat belts on a 04/73 Mach 1 be? 

My car has originally as mentioned in the Marti Report the so called "Interior Décor Group" and "Convenience Group" and no other related interior appearance option. It came with all black belts front and rear as are the housings and they look all original to the car. Will have a look at the exact date codes later though... My whole other interior is and was ginger colored as are the metal frame of the dashboard, carpet, etc. as usual on Deluxe interior cars. 

But I see from time to time cars with color matched seat belts. What got them the color? Must have been an additional order like "Deluxe Seat Belts" or anything else which could be read on the Marti Report? 

Any further knowledge about this would be very appreciated. 

Here are the Marti-listed options (it is a 351C 4V Q-code, so the NACA-hood wasn't mentioned extra): 

Black Vinyl Roof
Four-Speed Manual Transmission
Extra Cooling Option
E70X14 Belted Tires
White Sidewall Tires
Goodyear Brand Name Tires
Convenience Group
Power Steering
Tilt Steering Wheel
Sport Deck Rear Seat
Power Front Disc Brakes
Door Edge Guards
Rear Window Electric Defrost
Interior Décor Group
Sports Wheel Covers
Rear Bumper Guards
T-5 Package
Metric Speedometer
Accessory Packaging

The black belts were standard on all 73s except convertible. The Deluxe color keyed belts were standard on the convertible and optional on all other models. 

If your Marti doesn't show Deluxe Belts as an option, then they should be black. 

The black belts were standard on all 73s except convertible. The Deluxe color keyed belts were standard on the convertible and optional on all other models. 

If your Marti doesn't show Deluxe Belts as an option, then they should be black. 
That's what I am talking about! 

Thank you for that clear and informative answer! 

One more lesson learned! 

Thank you very much, Hemikiller  :thankyouyellow:

Back