Seat belt light.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
We are putting my dash back together. I believe that my car had a seat belt light on the passenger side. It has wiring but the light is gone. Does anybody have a photo of the 72 interior with this option. Do you know where I can buy the new seat belt light and connector etc?

There could be a rectangular opening above the glovebox door for the light. If you don't have that opening, look for a round hole/lamp next to the headlamp switch. Those round lamps are extremely hard to find in good condition.

There could be a rectangular opening above the glovebox door for the light. If you don't have that opening, look for a round hole/lamp next to the headlamp switch. Those round lamps are extremely hard to find in good condition.
I have the round lamp but the fasten seat belt part is gone.

I have the round lamp but the fasten seat belt part is gone.

It just said Belts. The plated plastic surround was bonded to the red lens and the plating was pretty poor. It is almost impossible to separate the lens from the surround without damaging one or the other, so the best way I have found to restore the lamp is to get two - destroy the lens so you can replate the surround, then destroy the surround so you can reuse the lens.

This is how mine is in my 72 convertible. It is on the lower left side of the dash. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 26

Attachments

• mustang seat belt sign.JPG
    mustang seat belt sign.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 15
  • mustang seat belt sign b.JPG
    mustang seat belt sign b.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 12
Mustang dash 1.jpg

I have a complete seat belt light assembly it came off of this complete 72 dash I bought for the tach and wiring. If you are interested I have the whole right hand dash trim and light I am not going to use because mine is a 71 and has the belts light next to the headlight switch. You can message me if you are interested.

View attachment 59931

I have a complete seat belt light assembly it came off of this complete 72 dash I bought for the tach and wiring. If you are interested I have the whole right hand dash trim and light I am not going to use because mine is a 71 and has the belts light next to the headlight switch. You can message me if you are interested.
H

How much would you like for that?
View attachment 59931

How much would you like?

The deluxe seat belt option on '71 and '72s built before 12/1/71 includes a round "BELTS" warning lamp on the driver-side lower dashboard.
The passenger side seat belt light/buzzer didn't enter production until 12/1/71, so the early '72s did not have the Government mandated lamp. Along with a buzzer everyone hated, the lamp was a Jan '72 Federal requirement along with other safety and emissions-related items. Our Government was pretty busy protecting us from ourselves!!
The rectangular lamp for the Mustang is D2ZZ-10B925-B, ID#(D2ZB-10C859-AA), which is replaced by D3ZZ-10B925-A, ID#(D3ZB-10C859-AA). The D2AB-10C859-AB lamp is Ford part# D2AZ-10B925-A, cataloged for full-size Ford, Gran Torino, Maverick, Pinto, and has a chrome front.
The lamp retainer used for the Mustang is D2ZZ-10852-A. As for the E Bay auction for the '72-73 Cougar XR7, Mustang seat belt lamp, and retainer/housing, you can use the belt lamp (same for Cougar & Mustang), but the D2WB-10D841-AB retainer Part# (D2WY-10C876-A) is a Cougar specific part.
At this point, I would contact tpj71mach and take him up on his offer of the light and retainer from his '72 parts dash! :)

Back