Seat Belts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statcoy

Reaction score
My Car
302 1971 Mustang Coupe
Just tryna restore it
Alright so I have the three point seat belts that came with the project car.(71 Coupe) I am putting the lap seat belts in the front and noticed that there are only threads on the roof and down by the door for both sides but none for the inner side on both, there is no holes or anything. So I am assuming I need seat belt anchors for the inner bolts? Both rear seat belts are good to go as well

There should be an anchor plate under the floor right behind the front seats and sort of up in the trans tunnel.

There is a small flat area for the plate there

If someone replaced the floor pans maybe they did not save and reinstall the plates

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the location on the driver's side, pass is mirrored across the tunnel. Probe around through the carpet with an awl, or go under the car and stick a nail up through the underside. Pic is a little grainy, it's from 2003.

There should be an anchor plate under the floor right behind the front seats and sort of up in the trans tunnel.

There is a small flat area for the plate there

If  someone replaced the floor pans maybe they did not save and reinstall the plates
Yea that's what I'm assuming! I checked and it looks like I need to install them

Ok so I double checked and they are not there. So do I need to find that flat spot and make sure its straight with the other hole and tac weld it there or...?

Ok so I double checked and they are not there. So do I need to find that flat spot and make sure its straight with the other hole and tac weld it there or...?
Yes they were spot welded in but a quick tack weld to hold them in will be fine

If you do not have a welder, you could use some small bolts, they just need to keep the plate from spinning

Do you need a couple of plates ?

Yes they were spot welded in but a quick tack weld to hold them in will be fine

If you do not have a welder, you could use some small bolts, they just need to keep the plate from spinning

Do you need a couple of plates ?
I actually ordered them last night ! I appreciate your help

Back