seat pan repair ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang coupe
351C 2v
i found a set of seat pans but one in pretty damaged from ware and tear. can these be welding up and repaired or should i scrap them and try to find another?

Last edited by a moderator:
How bad are they as new ones are made for the coupe

They fit pretty well - you can go to my website and see a picture

Don

Item #STA120LH

71-73 SEAT PLATFORM COUPE, LH

Driver side front seat base. Price: $69.95

Item #STA120RH

71-73 SEAT PLATFORM COUPE, RH

Passenger side front seat base. Price: $69.95

Having purchased a pair from Don, I would dare say they are actually sturdier than the original units. And yes, they fit right in there just like they're supposed to - some of the nicest repop piece available (even though I trimmed mine up a little to fit better into my fastback).

this is the pan but i think you giys where thinking of the floor boards not the seat it self lol. I build seats for ford so we call them pans/. sorry lol

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The pan is broken in half. Lol I think it's a lost cause but who know lol do you have a link to Don's ?
OK, we all thought you were speaking of the box welded to the floor the seats bolt to. That is a bottom seat frame.

Mine were far worse than that. They can be repaired but it takes patience and a lot of time. I had about 12 hours in blasting, repairing, and painting two seat bases. Chuck

I might have a useable pan (or two) for you to replace it entirely if you like. I scored a set of seats from Auron (another board member), and was planning on using the best ones between those and my originals, and reupholster the good ones with a TMI Sport Seat kit.

I know my original passenger seat frame is just fine, but the driver seat upright is a little 'iffy.' Auron's seats seem to be just the opposite. I think the 'pans' are in still good shape on the 'iffy' seats, though. Give me until next weekend to find out what I've got to work with (gotta disassemble 4 seats, after all). ;)

this is the pan but i think you giys where thinking of the floor boards not the seat it self lol. I build seats for ford so we call them pans/. sorry lol
Do you need one or both - I have them

Don

Back