• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Seat related parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1, Q code, 4 speed, fully optioned
Pictured are the seat related parts I have. Some seat backs and the bottoms are out of Cougars which had the same seat frames and hardware as Mustangs. Seat back cores $50. Bottom cores $75. Seat back panels $15 each. Rear seat back $25. Manual seat track set $50. Hinge covers $10 each. Seat belt rear bezels $10 each. 73 Blue deluxe front seat belt set $100. Rear blue deluxe seat belt $25. Power seat assembly with all wiring and switch needed for conversion from manual $500. Seat back release knobs $5 each. Shoulder belt bolt covers $10 each. Shoulder belt head liner chrome wire clips $10 each. Plus shipping. Best to use the start conversation tab when you hover on my info at the left if interested in any of these items.IMG_1584[1].JPGIMG_1586[1].JPG

IMG_1585[1].JPG

Mike, its out of a 71-73 Cougar XR7. They used the same seat frames and seat tracks a 71-73 Mustangs. It bolts right into a Mustang. It will bolt right into the driver side or passenger side. It was a standard driver seat option on the more upscale luxury Cougars as was a power sun roof. XR7s also had door ajar warning, low fuel warning and console ash tray light. Both of my Mach 1 front seats have the power seat system out of Cougars. To install the switch, you need to partially remove the seat cushion upholstery and install the switch mounting bracket (included). There is a square window in the front of the metal seat cushion frame the bracket (also with a square window) lines up with and the switch wire harness passes through. With the upholstery back in place over the switch bracket, you feel for the square window in the bracket and with a utility knife or razor blade cut an "X" diagonally corner to corner in the upholstery and fold the flaps into the square window. Feed the switch wiring harness through from the front and chrome bezel switch assembly fits right in. I have done this 3 times, twice on my Mach 1 and once on the passenger seat of a 1971 XR7 I used to own. The 12V power feed normally comes from behind the driver kick panel. The power seat feed harness (included with this power seat) plugs into the black yellow dot harness there if you have the convenience group option or your car is a convertible. 71/72 cars with heated rear window defrost also have the black yellow dot 12V feed. If your car doesn't have the black/ yellow feed, you will need to improvise. The ground connection is to the welded in seat platform that the power seat track mechanism bolts to.

Interested seat belt bezels, is it the pass thru in rear 1/4 panel?
Adrian

I am looking for a braket for the seat. Let me know what are you looking for it.

Attachments

• 20221105_133102.jpg
    20221105_133102.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Doug,
I'm interested in two blue hinge covers for the front seat back and in the blue Deluxe front belt set if this includes the shoulder harnesses too? If so, will you send it internationally? I would cover the additional shipping costs for sure.
Regards from Germany
Frank

Doug, do you still have any of these parts? I need the seat track with the lever and spring for same. That part in the original picture looks like the thing I need. I have a 73 Grande if that helps determine if it will work on my existing seat.

Back