SEAT REMOVAL - bolt locations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricksixtyfive

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
351c fmx trans, 2013 kona blue pearl
Anyone ave pics of the where the seats bolts are to remove the front seats. Getting my seats redone. Anyone have pics or a diagram of the location of the bolts

my car has support frame rails so its hard to see the location of the bolts, I'm not just a dummy lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The bolts that hold the seat frames to floor are actually accessible from the interior of the car. Pics attached of 73 convertible where the bolts attach to a "riser" box on the floor. That however may have changed as you mentioned your car has frame rails. Could it have had some mods to the floor and seat frame mounts?

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

Trick sixty five, since you have a convertible take notice of the spacers between the seat and the slide adjusters. They are unique to convertibles. And they go on the inboard side. When you remove the rails you will see what I'm referring to.

Awesome thanks.

Trick sixty five, since you have a convertible take notice of the spacers between the seat and the slide adjusters. They are unique to convertibles. And they go on the inboard side. When you remove the rails you will see what I'm referring to.

Anyone know that the electrical cable is for on my seats, they are not power nor have any electrical in them???? set belt sensor?? anyway do i need to keep this connected? also i think one of my spacers for the convertible front seat is broken the seat sits low on one side . is there replacements for this. thanks for anyones help on this..

Well since the seatbelt dash light hasn't worked for years, i guess i can let that sit unplugged. Anyone know about the spacer situation, it there a fix or replacement part.

Anyone know that the electrical cable is for on my seats, they are not power nor have any electrical in them???? set belt sensor?? anyway do i need to keep this connected? also i think one of my spacers for the convertible front seat is broken the seat sits low on one side . is there replacements for this. thanks for anyones help on this..
Depending on options on the car some also had a convenience pkg that released the front seats when the door is opened. If I remember correctly, it is a second plug in addition to the one for seatbelt sensors. Most do not work or at best are temperamental (in my experience) now so once again leaving it unplugged is not a loss.

If there is only one plug I would think it is, as imusa76 pointed out, a seatbelt sensor.

Not sure about a source for repro spacer for convertible seats. Sorry.

Hi Judge,

I have those spacers, there are 8 of them. I bought them many years ago...can't remember where maybe The Paddock Inc. (no longer in business)

Can you post a picture on how they go on? Between the seat and the rail or between the rail and the carpet? Thanks!

Back