Seat Time Racing Charlotte

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
My wonderful little red headed gal friend had given me 20 laps at Charlotte of Christmas. With so much going on I had put it off as long as they would let me. So we went by to see my daughter yesterday then on to Charlotte speedway. They had the track from 5:00 pm until 10:00 pm for racing school. There were a couple guys trying to break into Nationwide and they were there on serious business not like me just to keep the adrenaline flowing strong. The cars are retired cup and nationwide cars but only have Cevy crate engines with dry sump. I was told they would do 150 but did not look like it.

We had our little classroom going over the rules, flags and what to expect. You have an instructor the first few laps to show you where the line is and coach you. When he thinks you are good to go he gets out and you solo. They have different cars set up for different size people. Long shifters for short arm girls and seats close to wheel for the lesser people. There was a husband and wife there for their first go.

It was my first go in one of these me and my son use to dirt race carts for about 8 years and of course we street raced here in the mountains on the curvy roads. The highway patrol use to chase me a lot.

We went out and got our fire suits, helmets and memory chips for the in car video. I was going to be the second driver in the # 16 National Guard car that was for the tall guys. The first guy in it had 25 laps and was just finishing up so I put the helmet on and she was putting on the Hans device when rain drops came. They sent us all to the garage and the bottom fell out with heavy rain and wind so that was the end of that. Will have to reschedule in November when they have track time again. It blew the bill boards down around the track and took out power in some areas of Charlotte. It had been a drought until I decided to go. She didn't take a picture of me so I am still a mystery guy, lol. So today we thought we would go to RK Motors. You see them have cars on eBay all the time. Put it in the GPS and went over sign on door said to call a number to get an appointment. Turns out no time for us to get in today booked up. That was good I don't need another Mustang but they have so really nice cars.

Back home visited with daughter again she is getting so weak.

David

DSC_0471.JPG

DSC_0472.JPG

DSC_0474.JPG

DSC_0476.JPG

DSC_0482.JPG

Too bad.

At least you got a rain check and can reschedule. It´s be a shame to let something like that go to waste.

Back