Selling my low mileage survivor 1973 Mustang Convertible on Ebay to fund my MANY MANY projects!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I find so frustrating is people always seem to think it's a "yard sale" or you're desperate for money or some other excuse, so they low ball you thinking they'll get a bargain so they can flip it for a profit.
I had been thinking of selling my 71 Mach 1, but I'd need way more than most would offer on eBay, cheap bastards!
Good luck Kevin, I really hope you get a price that reflect that awesome car. There can't be too many in that original condition out there.
Thanks so much Geoff.

So how crazy is this?! For the past two days I have been going back and forth with a very nice gentleman who wanted to buy my car. I sent him a message yesterday saying I would drop the price to $36,000 if he would let me keep the new convertible top and the comfortweave yardage. His son just messaged me that his father sadly suddenly died yesterday morning, and that he would like to buy the car for $37,000. We spoke this morning and closed the deal. His Dad was pheasant hunting with friends and family and suddenly died. They are thinking probably a blood clot to his lungs. Sounds like his father had a very rewarding life and left with no regrets. His father was 64. The young man is 32 and runs an aftermarket performance speed shop. I can't think of a better person to own the car. The first thing he is going to do is add a Sniper fuel injection system and keep all the old parts. He'll probably sell the car down the road for way more money than I got, but that's okay. I made a few bucks and took the car to the next level. Win/win for everyone. Funny, $37,000 is about what I have invested in the green 71 convertible project posted here three years ago (the fifth car listed in my profile), and the metal work isn't even finished! https://7173mustangs.com/threads/19...vertible-project-with-ram-air-on-e-bay.34062/

WOW, you just never know. And on that same note... who would have ever imagined, nearly 50 years later, that this car would touch 2 families the way this car has. Not too mention the previous 2 owners in its history. It really is magical, the relationship we develop with a car. If he sells it later or keeps it another 50 years, you guys a linked forever.

WOW, you just never know. And on that same note... who would have ever imagined, nearly 50 years later, that this car would touch 2 families the way this car has. Not too mention the previous 2 owners in its history. It really is magical, the relationship we develop with a car. If he sells it later or keeps it another 50 years, you guys a linked forever.
Good point Chris!

Wow Kevin, that's an incredible example of fortune and misfortune. A sad day for the family, but a good day for you. I think the new owner got a deal.
Congrats.
I would definitely have wished the car would have been sold under other circumstances. Can't really say $37,000 for the car was a fortune. Like you, I think it should be worth more. But the market is fickle for sure!

I would definitely have wished the car would have been sold under other circumstances. Can't really say $37,000 for the car was a fortune. Like you, I think it should be worth more. But the market is fickle for sure!
That's an amazing story Kevin, what I find really interesting is the son's first order of business after his Dad passes, was to complete the sale with you for his Dad. I'm sure he probably knows his Dad would want it that way.

That's an amazing story Kevin, what I find really interesting is the son's first order of business after his Dad passes, was to complete the sale with you for his Dad. I'm sure he probably knows his Dad would want it that way.
The deal's coming together great! Brad and I talk daily and are going back and forth to work out the details. I really needed the space but I'm keeping the car for him a month so he can make the trip from Colorado to Birmingham to drive the car back home. He is in the Reserves and wants his brother to come with him but he needs to wait until after his brother finishes basic training. Can't wait to meet them!

Back