Serious top end

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Blue Glo Mach 1
Just thought I would share this. SCE manifold on some D3s sitting in a prominent QLD engine builders shop. The manifold will need some work to fit the lifted port location of the Yates heads. Scott Cook has stated that he has some new manifolds on the way that should bolt straight up.

FB_IMG_1484986414796.jpg

Nice, I like it, I like it a lot, lol. Looks to be one of Scott's ain't supremacy intakes. These intakes are a great thing for top end and by the sounds of things nothing can touch it in the high RPM range. I read about one guy that put one on his basically tuff street driven (bit of strip too) and them complained about the drivability, lol, what an idiot thinking this would be a good intake on the street. Scott cook does some magic stuff and works a lot with Darrin Morgan to design and develop his stuff. Spoke with Scott on line a few years back and he's a very knowledgeable guy, especially when it comes to Clevelands. One of the reasons I'm going to use his dual plane on the new engine, if I wanted to build an all out engine, I'd go for a pair of his heads too. Some very tuff Clevos over here running his gear and also CHI. 9 second street cars, drive to the track and drive home are becoming a common thing these days, could only wish for those numbers from a drag only engine not that long ago. BTW Luke I take it that shop is up north, is that engine yours for the Monaro, lol. That upsets the Holden boys like the Torana with the Cleveland legally fitted to it.

It was at Tremaniac racing in browns plains. They seem to be putting together some very Tuff sbf stuff at the moment 900hp out of 440-450 cube engines very stout. Scott Cook gear is great a friends xy ute is making just on 530hp with his dual plane and heads love it because it looks almost stock when you lift the lid on it.

Sorry Jason no Clevos for this Monaro lol.

It was at Tremaniac racing in browns plains. They seem to be putting together some very Tuff sbf stuff at the moment 900hp out of 440-450 cube engines very stout. Scott Cook gear is great a friends xy ute is making just on 530hp with his dual plane and heads love it because it looks almost stock when you lift the lid on it.

Ah ha didn't even think of them, I was thinking maybe JB in Ayr. They (JB) not long ago built a 660+ HP standard stroke, solid F/T cast headed 2V, runs high 9's in 3500 lb Falcon, more in it but have had some dramas. Yeah mate Tremaines sure do build some tuff stuff, that's why they're pro stock champs over here. I remember when they were having their engines built by Schaffiroff, but after a while and many dollars decided to go their own way and open the shop. May have to contact them about machine work on my block.

Don't worry mate, I've heard a 186 with a 500 Holley and XU-1 cam with headers will make 500HP, lol. That'll work for the Monaro rofl

Ah ha didn't even think of them, I was thinking maybe JB in Ayr. They (JB) not long ago built a 660+ HP standard stroke, solid F/T cast headed 2V, runs high 9's in 3500 lb Falcon, more in it but have had some dramas. Yeah mate Tremaines sure do build some tuff stuff, that's why they're pro stock champs over here. I remember when they were having their engines built by Schaffiroff, but after a while and many dollars decided to go their own way and open the shop. May have to contact them about machine work on my block.

Don't worry mate, I've heard a 186 with a 500 Holley and XU-1 cam with headers will make 500HP, lol. That'll work for the Monaro rofl
186 is overkill. I have a 149 here that will slip straight in! :D

186 is overkill. I have a 149 here that will slip straight in! :D
Only the heads are any good from those 149's, just ask the Holden know it alls. All I can tell you is that they are the most delusional people I've ever met when talking of power outputs. Some of the stories I could tell of their "fast" engines would have you in stitches, especially red motors, lol.

Back