Seven week wait is over...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop

It’s tough when you send 1000’s of $$$ to a car dealer and then wait for week’s and hope you get what you paid for... Especially when you send the cash to another country... ‘73 Hardtop, Q-Code, 4-spd, with A/C, Competition Susp...

The good new’s is that after seven week’s she finally arrived today, North of the Border from Daytona Beach, Fl. I posted a bit on the car when I was first looking at it and some here were a little harsh at the time. After looking the car over, a very good purchase IMO if you like originality. This car is near factory original as you will find. Yes, there are alway’s issue’s to address. Minor... The car still incorporates it’s original Engine, trans, carb, alternator, rad, H-pipe and tail pipes, glass; amongst a host of other original pieces. Factory A/C blows cold, everything works on the car... 

Brake pedal is soft, Master Cylinder is leaking, Clutch requires some adjustment and it idles high rpm. Other then that, this car is pretty cool. 

Not bad considering I purchased it sight unseen, relying on a video, pictures, write up and most importantly, the trust I put in myself to know a quality car from afar :) I would not recommend other’s to roll the dice in this fashion, but it has worked for me a few times.

I will now go through the car completely and bring this new addition up to the standard I look for in my car’s. Mo money... Cheer’s

ssl image

Looks really nice. I'm for sure you made a good purchase. The only person you have to please is yourself - and the wife sometimes. Enjoy what you can while you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gratz! I am looking to expand my collection....it is a bit meager currently, just one.

Congratulations Ken. Terrific car. Glad it is as was billed, especially the originality.

It is such an interesting combination low options, but with A/C. Definitely not the way we ordered them up here in Canada in the day.

Keep us posted as you fine tune it.

What will David say....??? Looks great to me, congrats
No worries... and thanks.

Looks nice! Glad it lived up to your expectations.

Scott
 I like your car too. Hope it has been a good car for you. It was reliable for the two year’s I owned it, but I only put about 1K miles during that time...

I hunked a bank full of m00lahh in many $10's of dollars to the USA .... and my car ended up on the Atlantic and took 10 weeks of paperwork and ship to get to my driveway ... I cannot tell you the stress. Especially when the tracker shows that your boat...with your 1971 hunk of Michigan gorgeousness on it, is in the Bermuda Triangle.  :jawdrop:

I nearly left a big brown farmers fertilizer pile in my shorts a couple of times  :chin:

then it showed up on the back of a truck ... the relief was unbelievable.  ::thumb::

Back