She supported my car hobby, kind of...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, I'm so sorry to hear Joanne succumbed to her cancer. I remember when you informed us of your wife's illness.
We are all family here and are praying for you and your family for strength and guidance as you grieve and face the days ahead.
Ken, you are so right; Hug your loved ones and hold them closely, for tomorrow is not promised!
Steve

My deepest condolences for you and your family. Take care of yourself.

With every hobby comes that better half for many of us that either supports or despises the past time. My wife, Joanne, begrudgingly supported my past time the past 31 years. She knew it was something I enjoyed, kept me out of the bar's and out of trouble in general... My wife was a gentle soul, I was lucky to have found and married her. She past away yesterday one month shy of her 58th birthday after a valiant 15+ month battle with Glioblastoma terminal brain cancer. She is now resting in peace. The hobby took a back seat during this time and will be on the back burner for a while yet. Hug your loved one's, tomorrow is not assured.
So sorry for you loss, Ken.

With every hobby comes that better half for many of us that either supports or despises the past time. My wife, Joanne, begrudgingly supported my past time the past 31 years. She knew it was something I enjoyed, kept me out of the bar's and out of trouble in general... My wife was a gentle soul, I was lucky to have found and married her. She past away yesterday one month shy of her 58th birthday after a valiant 15+ month battle with Glioblastoma terminal brain cancer. She is now resting in peace. The hobby took a back seat during this time and will be on the back burner for a while yet. Hug your loved one's, tomorrow is not assured.
So sorry for your loss.
Mike

I have someone just like that for 45 years . I can’t imagine your loss but feelings and prayers go out to you. They make our hobby better.

My condolences for your loss. My wife has also battled cancer, twice, and I can imagine what you've been through. Carry on with the Lord and keep your friends and family close.

Steve

So sorry to hear this unfortunate news. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Take solace that she's no longer suffering, still keeping an eye on you, and is still your biggest cheerleader. Hang in there, Ken.

Ken,

I am sincerely sorry to hear you lost your loving and obviously patient and caring wife. Lynda is my co-Mustang/Shelby admirer, to say the least. I found our two Shelby GT500s, she found our two 73 Mustangs and 1997 Honda Del Sol SI. She has been around cars all her life and worked as a Controller at a multi-location, multi-franchise mega dealer for 27 years before retiring with me 4 years ago (at 49, my gift to her). Turns out she is the epitome of what a Car Chick, or better yet a Mustang/Shelby Chick, is.

Any time I am working on or tinkering with our cars she is with me handing me tools or parts, sometimes digging into the repair process, and almost alway video recording the project to share on our YouTube channel (Gilbert Hale) to share as How To productions for other enthusiasts to watch and hopefully learn from. I don’t know what I would do without her in my life.

9 years ago I was found to have a brain tumor. The kind nobody wants. Deadly if not found early on. We found it by accident, before I had any symptoms. That and a skilled neurosurgeon saved my life. I am now a 9 year and 2 month survivor. As it turns out the early detection and neurosurgeon Saved my life. But it was Lynda who made certain I survived by keeping me well cared for in the darkest moments following the many surgeries I ended up undergoing. So, from the flip side I understand where you are coming from.

In any event it will clearly take time to heal following your loss, no doubt. I hope you are able to hold onto the wonderful memories you two had together while also continuing to live a life where you find joy once again. You can believe not an opportunity goes by where I do not let Lynda know how much I love her. I do what I can to earn her daily, whether i need to or not.

Gil

Last edited:
So sorry Ken for your lost. I remember when you first posted about her condition. I know it's a rough time for you and there is little that anyone can say or do to help ease your pain. Try to take comfort in that although she is gone, part of her still lives on in your children. Our prayers are with you and your family.

I didn’t know your name was Ken but do know now. Being a cancer caregiver is a strenuous endeavor and your love and passion you articulated in your share shows to me that you gave your babe all you had in your fight together.
Be strong for the rest of your family and keep celebrating her life as you live out yours and keep her proud, as she will always be with you. Peace to you Ken.

Doug

I do not what to say, i am so sorry for you brother.

Back