Sherman vs Dynacorn Hood?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
I'm seeing Dynacorn, Sherman, and Scott Drake. From what I've found the Sherman is running quite a bit more $$ than the Dynacorn. What are your experiences with these brands? I read a post by Carolina Mustang Man saying that he thinks Dynacorn is the only one using an original set of dies? On another note, I'm nervous about shipping damage....might be worth the 6 hr drive to LA to pick one up myself.

I know nothing about the other vendors but I am extremely pleased by my Dynacorn NASA hood. It fits as well or better than any aftermarket panel I have ever used. I will say that its arch (front to back) was a bit aggressive vs the fender; it did need flattened a tad. That said, it’s my understanding that this was a common problem from the factory as well. I have a stock one on my other car that had the same issue, and honestly with such a long hood it is way easier to relax it a bit than try to re-arc an overly flat hood (i.e., they really should err on the curvy side anyway).

The hoods Dynacorn are having made are fine.
No they are not using O E tooling.
Scott Drake does not make one ... they put a Drake sticker on whatever hood they buy.

This goes for any truck freight delivery

If you order a hood inspect it BEFORE signing the truck drivers delivery ticket. Write any damage on the delivery ticket.
Or if it is damaged bad refuse it... if the drivers will wait, call the company you bought it from and ask them what they want you to do.
If the damage is not too bad, ask the selling company for a discount. Take pictures and get the name of who you talk to.
If you sign for it and the truck driver leaves, it is hard to make a claim later.
The fine print on the delivery ticket says " goods received in good order except as noted "

Hope this helps your search

I'm seeing Dynacorn, Sherman, and Scott Drake. From what I've found the Sherman is running quite a bit more $$ than the Dynacorn. What are your experiences with these brands? I read a post by Carolina Mustang Man saying that he thinks Dynacorn is the only one using an original set of dies? On another note, I'm nervous about shipping damage....might be worth the 6 hr drive to LA to pick one up myself.
You might try the CJ location in Las Vegas, see what they have, may be a shorter drive than to LA.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/las-vegas-cjs-new-location

I know nothing about the other vendors but I am extremely pleased by my Dynacorn NASA hood. It fits as well or better than any aftermarket panel I have ever used. I will say that its arch (front to back) was a bit aggressive vs the fender; it did need flattened a tad. That said, it’s my understanding that this was a common problem from the factory as well. I have a stock one on my other car that had the same issue, and honestly with such a long hood it is way easier to relax it a bit than try to re-arc an overly flat hood (i.e., they really should err on the curvy side anyway).
Mine was great. I got the one with hood pins and NASA inlets. I bought it on eBay new because it was the best price shipped. It came on a freight truck with no lift gate so be prepared with another person to get down and move. It’s not just heavy, it’s a huge box. Strapped down to a pallet the size of the box. Opened box and well packed with spray foam to keep it tight.

Back