Shifter bezel swap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Looking to replace the shifer bezel on my 73.

It looks like I can just remove the top section of a full console and I do see that the 2 screws by the ashtray need to be removed.

Are there any other screws that neeed to be removed that I don't see? Or anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks

39 Views and no one has pulled the top part of the full console off?
Hi mpbsr,

I am asuming you have the full length center console.That should have a clock installled as well.

That being the case, then yes, the two self tap screws in the ash tray compartment are all you need to unscrew to remove the shifter bezel. The bezel slides towards you as you gently lift up at the same time. The only restriction then will be the wiring connecting the clock and ash tray light. That should unhook or pull apart, because there's a wiring connector just behind the clock in the shifter housing cavity.

Hope that helps you Sir.

Greg.:)

39 Views and no one has pulled the top part of the full console off?
Hi mpbsr,

I am asuming you have the full length center console.That should have a clock installled as well.

That being the case, then yes, the two self tap screws in the ash tray compartment are all you need to unscrew to remove the shifter bezel. The bezel slides towards you as you gently lift up at the same time. The only restriction then will be the wiring connecting the clock and ash tray light. That should unhook or pull apart, because there's a wiring connector just behind the clock in the shifter housing cavity.

Hope that helps you Sir.

Greg.:)
Thank you very much.

+1 also set screw for the shifter handle
You think that would be a given, but I'm sure people have forgotten.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I replaced mine with a 69/70 bezel because its metal and chrome, and fits right in there.

Back