Shop opening back up

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I have mentioned about my friend Clay Parham closing up his restoration shop, I bought his rotisserie and pressure sand blaster. Well so many people kept calling him and wanting cars done that he is back in business. I have four of my verts in his shop so I went out and moved them around so he has room until my shop is done. He had been doing work for another shop that does multi million dollar cars, last car there was a Shelby R model.

So one of the guys that has been calling has a 1967 or 68 Shelby that he wanted some items cleaned up on. He has the paperwork that came from the Shelby registry stating that the car is legit. WELL GUESS WHAT IT IS NOT. This guy paid $135,000 for the car and was going to put probably another $50,000 in to make it better. When he brought the car to Clay he asked him "did you not look at this car"? When the current owner went to view the car is was sealed in big plastic cell to keep dust and critters out. He did not even open it up thinking that if they went to this trouble it has to be right.

So Clay goes to the front inner fenders first thing and yes there are serial numbers stamped in the inner fender and the Shelby tag. But when you start looking under the fender they had cut the serial numbers out and welded them into this body. They did not bother to clean up the weld on the underside. He also said that the top of the car looked strange to him and got to looking closer and the right rear of the car had been cut off and replaced, hit hard from side. This pushed up the roof on the one side. So he pulls the interior out and that is when the S&%$ hit the fan. The car started life as a coupe and they had change everything needed to make it a fastback for the Shelby numbers. The current owner had bought the car a couple years ago and had just let it set until he got his money saved up to work on the car. So now he has a nothing car that he paid $135,000 for and it is basically a parts car now or a restomod.

So do not believe anyone when buying a vehicle. Even the Shelby Registry was wrong on this one. Yes the ID plates were Shelby but that is all he got was ID plates and a title. Do your own research and if spending big money dig deep there are plenty of people out there trying to take your money for nothing. Oh and the engine blew on his way back home with the car.

This guy has several boss cars and 428 cj cars he has more money that he should. Not a drug dealer but patented a process to restore the fogged headlights and makes millions.

I took some pictures of a 67 Camaro Clay had in the booth yesterday doing some corrections on someones previous restore. A really nice car 5,200 miles 396 375 hp 4 speed all original trim and interior. It was a drag car all it's life never on road.

So if anyone is serious about getting a car restored Clay is the best I have ever seen. One of his cars won the Pontiac Nationals first time to a show in Ohio and if I remember right there were over 900 cars in the show and it took first place. They judged the car perfect except for tires and battery 98 + points first time out. 66 GTO that was so rusty had no floors at all and the A posts had rusted until the lower hinges pulled out. The owner was offered $120,000 before it won the show as it was being pulled out of the trailer.

He has done 6 cylinder mustangs and 428 cj that were basket cases.

I am out of photo space so cannot post until I clean out my files.

Back