Short antenna

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the factory antenna unscrew and then that little stubby one screw in its place?  I don't listen to the radio, so it doesn't really matter if the stubby gets worse reception.  As long as it fills the spot there and looks like it kinda belongs.   :biggrin:

There is one made by scott drake which is shorter than the 4ft long factory one and looks a little bit more muscle-car-ish.  https://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/68-73-billet-antenna-c8zz-18813-bl

Last edited by a moderator:
The Scott Drake one is slightly different to the factory one. The factory one has 4 screws that screw into the front fender from under the chrome cover. The Scott drake one has a screw clamp under the rectangle base that holds the base to the fender from inside the fender. 

The Scott drake one unscrews from the base. the factory one that I had in my car that was broken at some point does not look like it will unscrew.

I have been running with a screw as a antenna delete. Following this thread I was motivated to purchase a short antenna to test and have for my Carlisle trip. I found one at O'Reilly. At this point I am going more for how it works rather than looks. I think the issue is that I still have the antenna base which is chromed and then this antenna that is rubber, which looks goofy.

Back