Short throw shifter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I know there are a few different types out there for the TKO 600. Anyone using one? If so which one and how do you like it? I haven't even installed mine yet but I've decided after a lot of reading that I'm going to have the 2-3 shit addressed while it's out of the car. Taking it over to Bob Hanlons today actually. He likes the Pro 5.0 shifter. I have zero experience with the aftermarket shifters. I know others have not experienced issues with the 2-3 shift but I don't want to find out after I go through the trouble of getting it in and filling it with fluid. I spoke to a Dale at Tremic and he confirmed that all the transmissions still come with the brass synchros. He said the current set up would be good to shift at 6500RPM. I've read a lot that it won't even hit that sometimes? I don't plan to drive my car like a complete ass but would like to know when I get into it that the shift will be there. There are some other things that get addressed to help clean up the shifts but the biggest is the 2-3. Anyway, was just wondering about the short throw. Thanks

Back