Show us your engines!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keiths,

Which valve covers are those?

What mod did you have to do to the tunnel to install the TKO?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much stock 357 Cleveland. 

84csural.jpg

Keiths,

hi tony, i had it in without any modification with an american power train "x" cross member but didn't like the drive line angle nor the geometry of my mechanical clutch linkage so i cut a large section of the top of the tunnel,made a steel cross brace and a new sheet metal top, i was too far along under the dash so i put it in with panel bond and rivets. i cut the cross member 1 1/2 " bolted the 4 tabs back together and had a friend tig it back together.and left the bolts in. i don't have a before picture or the x cross member. had i not already spent $$$ on modifications to the trans. i could have used the new low profile tko instead. but now the clutch linkage all lines up perfect and my 3" exhaust fits up tight. and i have room to adjust the driveshaft angle. and no i wouldn't have done this too a pristine original haha

. the valve covers are boss 302

Keiths,

hi tony, i had it in without any modification with an american power train "x" cross member but didn't like the drive line angle nor the geometry of my mechanical clutch linkage so i cut a large section of the top of the tunnel,made a steel cross brace and a new sheet metal top, i was too far along under the dash so i put it in with panel bond and rivets. i cut the cross member 1 1/2 " bolted the 4 tabs back together and had a friend tig it back together.and left the bolts in. i don't have a before picture or the x cross member. had i not already spent $$$ on modifications to the trans. i could have used the new low profile tko instead. but now the clutch linkage all lines up perfect and my 3" exhaust fits up tight. and i have room to adjust the driveshaft angle. and no i wouldn't have done this too a pristine original haha

Sorry I should have posted the trans. stuff else where

Keiths,

Sorry I should have posted the trans. stuff else where
Thanks. I will go through my trans installation sometime early next year.

Yep. Looks stock to me. :)
Just some bolt ons  :whistling: It shouldn't be anything special though, just a 10:1 aussie headed street-ish motor with a solid roller. Hoping to make 400 hp or so just under 7000 rpm.

Nice fuel injection.
Thanks, I hope it works lol

Yep. Looks stock to me. :)
Just some bolt ons  :whistling: It shouldn't be anything special though, just a 10:1 aussie headed street-ish motor with a solid roller. Hoping to make 400 hp or so just under 7000 rpm.

Nice fuel injection.
Thanks, I hope it works lol
Stock engine block color too!

I assume you're talking about 400 HP at the rear wheels, I'm thinking quite a bit more than that at the flywheel. ::thumb::

Stock engine block color too!
I'll probably tell people it's an olds motor for fun.

Otu0LkZ.gif

I assume you're talking about 400 HP at the rear wheels, I'm thinking quite a bit more than that at the flywheel. ::thumb::
That'd be a nice surprise, I hope you're right haha. My injectors will only support 500 hp though, I should be able to get an idea from the duty cycle they run at.

I'm Liking the way mine looks more each day.  Of course I don't have the AC in the way yet.

View attachment 39333

Last edited by a moderator:
Little 302 in my '73 convertible. Have added a few bits added over the years; Motorsport 351W ported heads with roller rockers, Holley 600CFM carb on a Ford 65 4V manifold I bought from a "Pull-your-own" yard YEARS ago - remember those? -, headers and custom dual exhaust.

Bill

hey duck can I get any images of your engine bay in maybe close up quarters, maybe with the air cleaner off? They could be very helpful in the finishing of the restoration of my 72 that was originally a 351 2v. PM me and I'll give you my email.

Back