Show us your engines!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey duck can I get any images of your engine bay in maybe close up quarters, maybe with the air cleaner off? They could be very helpful in the finishing of the restoration of my 72 that was originally a 351 2v. PM me and I'll give you my  email.
Hi libram,

I can send pictures gladly. Need your email address.

Greetings from Heidelberg

Klaus

OK, I've resisted to this point to post my engine as most don't like the stock thing. Modded engines are always nice, creative and special to the owner, but in my humble experience stock is where it's at especially in a factory appearing car.

Picture #2 shows the new re-routed PCV tube for a more original look.

Hi to all,

Here are some very recent photos of my 302 rebuild and engine bay make over.

Did the 347 strocker thing, and kept/used the original '73 matching numbers block.

Now putting out just over the 400hp and 420 ft lb torque mark. Sweet!

Spending budget on this project came in at around $14,000.00 Au or $10,700.00 US.

Click on any image to get the expanded view .................

Cheers,

Greg. :)

I feel like there's too many nice examples in this thread to single anyone out, really enjoying it!  :coolphotos:

Hi to all,

Here are some very recent photos of my 302 rebuild and engine bay make over.

Did the 347 strocker thing, and kept the original '73 matching numbers block.

Now putting out just over the 400hp and 420 ft lb torque mark. Sweet!

Click on any image to get the expanded view  .................

Cheers,

Two words. Very Nice!

Geoff, please don't hesitate to share any photos of your car 'cause you believe it is too stock. I'm pretty much good with stock or modded up until the talk turns to Chevrolet power in a Ford. There are MANY other sites that cater to those enthusiasts.

In many ways I believe that having an engine compartment in a "Just Left the Factory" look is especially difficult to say the least. Imagine the air cleaners, valve covers, intakes, exhaust manifolds, and all the brackets and other dozens of gizmo's and things that were pitched in the name of personalizing our Beasts in the past 40+ years.

What it takes to get the right color Ford Blue, Slop Gray, texture of black, clamps, stickers, etc is nothing short of a miracle. I remember an earlier discussion we had on the one size fits all PCV hose that doesn't fit our cars. Great job on your modified hose.

Agree with downwardspiral, there are way too many great under hood shots to single any one out. From stock to not, they all reflect the hard work it takes to keep these beasts on the road!

Hey! 

Thanks guys - appreciate your kind feed back, and i'm glad you like what i ended up with.

From a cosmetic point of view, engine dress ups and make overs can be an endless variety of styles, colors and options.

In my case, i wanted to end up with a happy marriage of  original stock and custom without being too showy or over dressed.

I guess in the end, it's how much money you want to throw at the project to achieve an end result. :whistling:

Cheers,

Geoff, please don't hesitate to share any photos of your car 'cause you believe it is too stock. I'm pretty much good with stock or modded up until the talk turns to Chevrolet power in a Ford. There are MANY other sites that cater to those enthusiasts.

In many ways I believe that having an engine compartment in a "Just Left the Factory" look is especially difficult to say the least. Imagine the air cleaners, valve covers, intakes, exhaust manifolds, and all the brackets and other dozens of gizmo's and things that were pitched in the name of personalizing our Beasts in the past 40+ years.

What it takes to get the right color Ford Blue, Slop Gray, texture of black, clamps, stickers, etc is nothing short of a miracle. I remember an earlier discussion we had on the one size fits all PCV hose that doesn't fit our cars. Great job on your modified hose.

Agree with downwardspiral, there are way too many great under hood shots to single any one out. From stock to not, they all reflect the hard work it takes to keep these beasts on the road!
 Steve, I appreciate your comments and you're absolutely right. I too just HATE the guys who stick a CH**Y P.O.S. in a Ford hot rod or custom. I've turned away from many really nice, well crafted Hot Rods etc. as soon as I see that lump in there.

Also, thanks for your comment on the PCV hose. On the Holley 670 (Street Avenger series), the PCV nipple is at the front, so it makes it look wrong if the hose is where I have it in my first pic. I watched a YouTube video where this "expert" connected the PCV tube to be rear nipple, claiming it to be the PCV port. NO, it's the power brake booster port if needed, otherwise plug it off.

As I've said before in other posts, getting an engine bay to look like it just came off the line, is near impossible for most of us for cost alone. My take on it is make it LOOK like it just came off the line to the "casual observer". Here's what that can get you. (Okay, I'm bragging again!!)

I also agree with downwardspiral's comments. There's something for everyone here.

Geoff.

I'm finally getting close to putting my car back together so next on my radar is detailing the motor.  I would love to see pictures of engines.  Stock or modified all are welcome and appreciated.  I'm a bit of a modifier myself but really enjoy all kinds.

Not sure if this has been done on here or not and I couldn't find any in my search.  If it has been please point me in the right direction cuz I'm lost! :cool:
This is the motor that's in my car now but it's coming out and I'm going a different route. One day I'll get serious and get this car done...

image.jpeg

Still working on it, engine wasn’t rebuilt just a paint and cosmetic redo. IMG_6222.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back