Show your wheels and tires!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got an idea when I saw another tread in the engine section with show your engine.. I just thought it could be really nice to see what kind of wheels and tires you got on your rides! Maybe with lowered ride height? Original as well is also good.. :)

My plan is to go with 19" all around and with very wide tires.. What is yours, and what are you running with now?

Show your wheels!

I am running rev 100 wheels 18x8.5 (225/45/18) in the front and 20x10 (275/35/20) in the rears. The back was lowered about 2.5 inches and the front was lowered about 4 coils (torched the saggy coils) so that is approx 4 inches on factory coils. Right now I have reverse 5 leaf springs (1.5 in drop) and maier racing 600# coils (unknown drop). Before the new springs i was about 25 inches in the front from the ground to the highest point of the wheel well, and 27 inches in the rear same way. Now i am 26 in the front and 28 in the rear. No rubbing no issues. I plan on running 245/40/18 or 255/45/18 in the fronts and 285/35/20 or 295/35/20 in the rears.

uln4l.jpg

aa9845.jpg

fcjgqv.jpg

6edkx2.jpg

2qsqzcp.jpg

this is how it looks before the lowered height

2r3b6dc.jpg

I like this idea, now I have a reason to go home and take more pictures of the car. I am running 15x7" Magnum 500's with BF Goodrich 235/60/R15's all the way around. Front suspension is the 2" drop coils, didn't like how low they put the car, so I added a 1" polyurethane spacer at the top of them and it has really nice ride height now. My rear end has the factory springs with a 2" drop shackle in back. I want to replace them with a new spring set, probably stick with 4 leaf for softer ride. I am measuring around 25.5" from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well all the way around the car. Wouldn't mind going with a 17x9" in the future, but not much bigger. The offset on your car looks pretty nice though, I just like to be able to rotate my tires because I drive my Mustang quite a bit and will much more once the restore is finished. Pictures will come soon. This is a link to the Magnum's that I would like to go with. https://www.yearone.com/Product/1964-73-mustang/mwf179k

Here is a photo of my '73 Grande with BF Goodrich G Force KDW 245/50/16s tires on 16 X 8 Vintage 45s at all four corners. Cars has '71 429CJ front springs and heavy duty sway bars.

zn4eix.jpg

BT

I like this idea, now I have a reason to go home and take more pictures of the car. I am running 15x7" Magnum 500's with BF Goodrich 235/60/R15's all the way around. Front suspension is the 2" drop coils, didn't like how low they put the car, so I added a 1" polyurethane spacer at the top of them and it has really nice ride height now. My rear end has the factory springs with a 2" drop shackle in back. I want to replace them with a new spring set, probably stick with 4 leaf for softer ride. I am measuring around 25.5" from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well all the way around the car. Wouldn't mind going with a 17x9" in the future, but not much bigger. The offset on your car looks pretty nice though, I just like to be able to rotate my tires because I drive my Mustang quite a bit and will much more once the restore is finished. Pictures will come soon. This is a link to the Magnum's that I would like to go with. https://www.yearone.com/Product/1964-73-mustang/mwf179k
eh i need "high performance" tires...so im screwed either way lol and since i track the car no way im going to be ok with 245 all around with about 400 horses :D

Here's mine... 10th anniversary SVT Cobra replicas.
Nice wheels! Are they new? I noticed that they are different than in your garage. Details!

Cheers!

John
Thanks for the compliment, they've been on the car 2 seasons now. The garage hasn't been updated in a while I guess. I wanted a wheel that wasn't too common and thought these had kind of an '80s road race vibe.

18X9 with 245-40-18 Falken tires and 18X10 with 285-40-18 Goodyear F1 tires. I bought the wheels from Latemodel Restoration, they were the only place I could find them in an 18" diameter. They are designed to fit a 94-04 Mustang and only required a 7/16" spacer to fit. I did have to remove the spacer on the right rear since the rear axle is off to the right by 1/2" and the tire hit the quarter panel lip on jounce.

Back