sill plate cardboard insulator 73 vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
Replacing my sill plates. One side the PO used duct tape to protect the wiring. On the driver side there was a nice card board one that folds around the wiring in the channel. here a photo. It got like a wax coating on it. Looking to buy one.

John J

IMG_0502 sill plate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Replacing my sill plates. One side the PO used duct tape to protect the wiring. On the driver side there was a nice card board one that folds around the wiring in the channel. I will try and post a photo.

John J
Don at Ohio Mustang sells them or if you want originals Mike at Motor City Mustang or Don may have them

Replacing my sill plates. One side the PO used duct tape to protect the wiring. On the driver side there was a nice card board one that folds around the wiring in the channel. I will try and post a photo.

John J
Don at Ohio Mustang sells them or if you want originals Mike at Motor City Mustang or Don may have them
Thanks. I will pm him. I did not see any on his website.

John J

I think the originals are made of brown cardboard and are really flimsy. REPOPS makes repros that are almost plastic like and they are black! Have not installed them yet so I don't know how they fit!

As stated, this is the correct restoration procedure as done at DAP in 1971.

Tape was used to hold quarter paper also.

Mark

P.S.  These are original pieces for 1971 (if you need to see the look/size and bend)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back