Skilled body workers - is this possible?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad has a 86 Fiero GT, and it's a fun little car to drive. Getting in and out is...interesting.

Sorry to get off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go for this look
ewwwwwstang2.jpg

In my opinion this classic mustangs.. and I mean from 64 to our body type are just soooo well designed that any.. or at least this radical modifications just make them look worste than its original looks...

As everything CAN be done, in this case, it is just worthless :)

Just go for this look
ewwwwwstang2.jpg
you know, get rid of the tacky skirts, wheels and wing, make the cop a little more reasonable and that has some potential (note that is a '69, but still). that one looks like it took the approach that i listed as sort of cheating the lines together to make it work, and that does prove that even with that sever a chop you can make it look OK, with a more reasonable one it would be better...

I know, a lot of you are just going to look at it and hate it, I know...

Nice. Looks like an old Maserati
I see Bora/Merak in the modified photo, even though our cars and the Ghibli share more styling cues (not to mention the Ghibli will win over the Bora any day).

-Kurt

Nice work, Kurt - very thoughtful to rake the windshield and make better use of the lines. But, I have to agree with the consensus of not wanting to ruin a perfectly good design.

I think looking at that '69 might've brought up some lunch. :(

Personally, I think a coupe would look better chopped than a Fastback, just my thoughts ......

Kurt, Can you leave more of the curved fender well on the car?
Done.

2ez1tp4.jpg

-Kurt
Kurt,

Thanx for the photoshop. It stirs the thought of getting a coupe and then blending in a fastback donor roof. I agree with everyone on the original lines being the best and I will always be happy with the original style. The thought of a bit more chop in the roof really streamlines the car and adds the appearence of length.

That 69 was a bit to extreme. There are folks who that much of a chop could work for, I am just not one of them.

Kurt,

Thanx for the photoshop. It stirs the thought of getting a coupe and then blending in a fastback donor roof.
Too bad the Playboy Pink coupe with the rotten roof got scrapped - it would have made the perfect starting point.

-Kurt

Back