Slowest resto ever - Project AmsterFoose / Current subject: The bloody floor.

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
148
Location
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
The RH quarter is finished :)

Before and after:

IMG_7210.jpg

So all together the RH- and LH quarter are done as well as the taillight panel and the cowl. Only 3 biggies are left; the RH and LH floor pans which I have in storage already and the battery tray needs work. I'm thinking of moving the battery to the trunk so I could maybe fabricate a replacement panel that mirrors the LH side which will improve the look of the engine bay later... And of course there are lots of little holes from trim that won't come back and other stupid holes from the factory. I want my car to be as airtight as possible so that the moist Dutch air doesn't come in when parked outside...

Meanwhile I think I should also remove more parts off of the car like the exhaust and drive shaft.
 
Last edited:

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
148
Location
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Had to lift the car further and wanted to be able to move the rear around so I finished my home made wheel dollies. They are really strong, no flexing whatsoever:

View attachment IMG_7376.MOV

And then I wanted to try and get the drive shaft out but the exhaust was in the way, so I removed those instead:

DE4683D0-E02D-4F78-8689-FC57A71B6754.jpg

The bolts that fix it to the manifold came off without problems.
 

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
148
Location
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Because I didn't want my resto to go tooooo fast, I took a small all-inclusive vacation with the family to the Turkish riviera:

IMG_7486.JPG

When I got home, I had a great surprise, my front discs arrived! These were ordered through NPD on January 4th!

wilwood front.jpg

I now have Wilwood discs in store for all 4 wheels. When it comes to the esthetics of my future ride, this was on the top of my must-have list. CHECK! :)
 

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
148
Location
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
This weekend I had 2 goals.

1) Remove the driveshaft. Not very hard, it weighed a LOT less than I thought!

IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7552.JPG

I did not have bearings falling out of the U-joint or oil running out of my C6. The whole thing was a lot less eventful as expected.

2) I wanted to start ripping out the floor. After drilling out spotwelds for the seat riser, which got real frustrating, I started grinding them out with my power file. This went a lot better and it left the chassis beams in good shape (= no holes from drilling)


IMG_7589.JPG

Got the first part out. Pretty happy!
 
Top