• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1972 Mustang Coupe Without 351C

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibson_Junk

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe 351C
1969 Mustang Coupe EMPTY
Update I will sell it with or without the engine.Give me your offers. I need it gone.

Well I am selling the 72 Coupe I bought and realized the roof was far gone. More then what was first thought. For panels I would say it needs new floor pans. Either trunk pan or a repair. And the roof repaired or replaced. Coupe be a good parts car I guess. Has some nice rims on it. Drag type. Skinny front fatter back.

I am trying to sell it without the engine because I want to put the engine in my 69 Mustang. So 72 Mustang and the FMX Trans without the motor.

21brkuw.png

2rnijv8.jpg

Part of the roof after sanding it down to see. 3/4 of the roof was sanded down to see the damage. 3/4 of the roof has a layer of Fiberglass cloth over it now for temp protection of water.

302oy8g.jpg

28gvz40.jpg

2uiaj52.jpg

Cowl looks dirty not to rusted though. Never got around to the water test. But would image there must be at least a small leak.

15hd8pd.jpg

23rol1j.jpg

3537djo.jpg

By far the worst section of the floor.

I do have all the seats. And 95% of the trim. Dash, and stuff.

I have not a clue what I could get for this. But hopefully enough to cover some costs.

34ysjev.jpg

The rims

If someone is interested please shoot a offer. And if you are kind enough to not want it but know a decent price I should set please PM me thanks

Oceanside/Camp Pendleton CA

Title in hand. Registered till February

Last edited by a moderator:
With the pink floors and pink paint near the roofline, this may have been a special order Playboy Pink car. I would get the Marti report to check that out. It may make the car a bit more valuable than if you advertised it as a standard coupe.

Absolutely!

That pink's the first thing I noticed.

I might get around to it. There is pink everywhere in the car lol but I just want to get rid of it

If you go back to the vinyl roof then it is not a hard fix. Sand, por15, and seal the holes. We did one that was worse than yours and 10 years later it still looks great with no leaks.

I noticed the clock option - those are kind of cool.

Does it have a tilt wheel? Intermittant wipers?

If it is a playboy pinkster it might be worth saving.

- Paul

In comparison to the original photos - now that part of the glue and rust has been sanded out - it does not look as bad as I initially thought.

Still looks as if the best route would be a new roof, though some careful MIG welding could probably close up 70% of those holes. One or two spots still need to be cut out though, and there's nothing worse than grinding and smoothing a roof patch without excessive filler.

-Kurt

If you go back to the vinyl roof then it is not a hard fix. Sand, por15, and seal the holes. We did one that was worse than yours and 10 years later it still looks great with no leaks.

I noticed the clock option - those are kind of cool.

Does it have a tilt wheel? Intermittant wipers?

If it is a playboy pinkster it might be worth saving.

- Paul
I would do this but I got a 69 Mustang to fix. And I love the 69 the most out of every mustang out there. No Tilt Wheel.

And I believe they are Intermittant

the first thing I noticed was the "Pink", and its in places ou can tell its the original color.

if you get the Marti Report, and it is a "Playboy car", I'll bet you will off load it quicker and with more money!! to put towerds the 69'.

and it will be $40 well spent.

I keep saying, you West Coast and Southern guys have it made.

That car is danged near a driver by Western PA standards.

Here, we call that the "Planetarium Roof" option :)

I think those wheels might be Centerlines.

I keep saying, you West Coast and Southern guys have it made.

That car is danged near a driver by Western PA standards.

Here, we call that the "Planetarium Roof" option :)

I think those wheels might be Centerlines.
These are center lines. I forgot to put that.

I will get a Martin maybe next payday if I still have it.

I did some digging and apparently since my car has a 6 digit DSO it is a Special order mustang. Other wise it would only show the 2 digit.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/DSO.html

So Special service mustangs have 6 digit DSO.

Playboy pink mustang has 6 digit DSO.

They had blank Color Codes

And all white interior. and Vinyl top.

When I bought this. I ripped out the vinyl top....Which was white.

Starting to think this could be.

If it is what would it be worth?

Once you added the door tag pics there is no need for a mari report

It is pink around the tag so why waste 40.00

Is it worth more ?? It is a pink coupe

Once you added the door tag pics there is no need for a mari report

It is pink around the tag so why waste 40.00

Is it worth more ?? It is a pink coupe
For how you put that I guess its not worth anymore... Or I am just completely confused.

To me personally no

To a collector ? Maybe but in reality probably not

Maybe if it was a boss or a 429

Don, did they offer Pink as a production car?

if they did, that person had really bad tast in color......
No it would have been a special order.

I agree, that is why I don't think it is worth more because it is pink.

To me personally no

To a collector ? Maybe but in reality probably not

Maybe if it was a boss or a 429

Don, did they offer Pink as a production car?

if they did, that person had really bad tast in color......
No it would have been a special order.

I agree, that is why I don't think it is worth more because it is pink.
Well they had Rose pink what that had a color code of S

I have seen others say these were rare. I am trying to sell it. I need it gone. I dont care for Pink but someone does.

Haha I'm going to go against everything I stand for and say if I had that car and it was a special order playboy car. I'd dig as deep as I could and see who the car was intended to go to. Wouldn't it be some crazy stuff if there was a centerfold from early 70's issue with that car in it! Wouldn't find that at a car show haha.

At the end of the day it is a pink coupe but it could very well be a really cool pink coupe.

I'd drive it! Spread the coupe love!

I put it up for 2500 bucks to see if I got any interest. I got 3 people coming tomorrow to look at it. Wish me luck.

Back