• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1973 Ford 351 Cleveland Long Block Engine (Zero Hour)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71TexasBoss

Reaction score
351 Cleveland D2AE-CA, Date Code 3E16 (May 16,1973), zero hour engine (never started) originally in a 1973 Mustang Q-code (Cobra Jet) with four-barrel. Upgraded with hardened valve seats, 4-bolt mains, internally balanced to racing specs, flat tappet Iskenderian racing cam with hydraulic lifters, new valves and springs, 9.5:1 compression, bored .030 over, high volume oil pump, DSS racing pistons, original water pump remanufactured by the Water Pump Doctor and Robertshaw hi-flow thermostat with bypass sleeve. Many more details not listed but build sheet available upon request.

My cost to rebuild was $3,794. A bargain at

$4,250.

Engine in San Antonio, TX but may consider delivery within a 500 mile radius for additional fee.

Pictures available at my eBay posting: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144542157738

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty decent deal to me.

Just an observation - the date code on the head is 9J11 - Sept 11, 1969. That's well over a year too early for 1971 Boss 351 heads, so they would be 70 D0AE-x M-code upgraded to screw in studs and guide plates.

Personally, I'd post the build sheet and cam card to minimize questions.

Latest posts

Back