Some old SCCA racing pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
A while back I was at work talking to an engineer and noticed some old SCCA pics on his desk. After we talked cars i for a minute - he mentioned his automotive photography hobby. He said he traveled the country in the 70's and early 80's visiting racetracks and taking many pictures. I asked him if I could scan and share a few - he said no problem. But I soon learned he has too many! I'd say he has over 4000 pictures - some just negatives and slides and others actual prints. He took pics of dirt track races too. I scanned a very small sample of them and placed in my Smugmug account. I shortened the URL because it was too long.

http://smu.gs/1qa1YhM

here's one showing a locally campaigned Boss 302 dicing with a few followers. If this is the one I'm remembering - it has serious Trans Am history as it came from Bud Moore.

[Untitled]1230884869C24092014161042.jpg

Some of the road racing pics taken at true road courses like Ponca City Grand Prix, Lake Afton and then at Hallett Raceway and then the dirt track pics were taken at the old Oklahoma City Fairgrounds Raceway.

You'll have to forgive the crazy order and duplication of many pics. I was just happy to finally get them all scanned and online.

Ray

Good stuff, Ray. Thanks!

Back