Somebody finally has 4 wheel disc brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesozoic

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang fastback restomod. Caged, stiffened, lowered, on 17" wheels with 4 wheel disc brakes and Bilstein dampers. PST polygraphite suspension kit w/Mustangs Plus springs. Custom SEFI-EDIS8 EEC-V injection based on '96 Crown Vic harness (CDAN4 strategy). 90mm induction, LMAF, 80mm Accufab TB, Edelbrock Victor intake, 42# injectors, fully ported RHS Pro Action 215 heads, long tube headers. '69 351W stroked to 408 using Scat 4340 crank, H-beam rods, SRP pistons. Comp Cams 284 Magnum hydraulic roller cam, Canton windage tray and main girdle w/blueprinted standard pressure oil pump. Serpentine conversion using late model 5.0 parts. Backed by a built 4R70W, FB Performance 3000 RPM triple-disc converter, custom alum driveshaft, stock Ford 9" w/3.50:1 billet LS.
I finally managed to get it done. Vintage Venom rear brake kit with Cobra calipers and discs! Still breaking it in, so not sure how much of an improvement there is yet.

IMG_3614.JPG

Was it expensive?
Depends on how deep your pockets are, but I vaguely recall the kit, which included everything (rotors, pads, brake lines, hardware, brackets, etc.) was roughly $550. In addition to this, I had to get some parking brake cables from NAPA for about $40. I decided to replace my wheel bearings while I was in there, so that was another $60 as well.

Also, they won't work with 14" rims right? So add that to the cost. ;)

They look great!
Yeah, I'm running 17" wheels, but if you're trying to keep everything stock I'm not sure exactly which rotor kit would work... maybe the GT or V6 with its smaller rotors.

Back