Sound Deadener

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sport Roof
I know some of you have used RAAMmat as a sound deadener, how do you guys like it? I might order a box soon. It seems cost effective and I've heard good second hand reports on it, but I'd prefer to hear from guys that have actually used the stuff.

I know some of you have used RAAMmat as a sound deadener, how do you guys like it? I might order a box soon. It seems cost effective and I've heard good second hand reports on it, but I'd prefer to hear from guys that have actually used the stuff.
S..The best bang for the buck of all the stuff out there plus NO TAR ASPHALT based =NO NASTY SMELL !! I did the inside of the Camaro with it I didn't even need to do the whole car ..Just did the roof ..rear inner wheel houses..floor pans (didn't do the drive shaft tunnel just the floor) & inside the doors.. 1 box with a few pieces left over..The car is super quite ! I had also rustbulleted the floor & inside the doors before using the raammat I posted a video where my wife drove the car & you can hear us having a normal conversation with out raising our voice's..Great stuff I will be using it in the mustang too !

S..The best bang for the buck of all the stuff out there plus NO TAR ASPHALT based =NO NASTY SMELL !! I did the inside of the Camaro with it I didn't even need to do the whole car ..Just did the roof ..rear inner wheel houses..floor pans (didn't do the drive shaft tunnel just the floor) & inside the doors.. 1 box with a few pieces left over..The car is super quite ! I had also rustbulleted the floor & inside the doors before using the raammat I posted a video where my wife drove the car & you can hear us having a normal conversation with out raising our voice's..Great stuff I will be using it in the mustang too !
How much did you need to cover those areas Scott??

How much did you need to cover those areas Scott??
I bought the $90.00 37.5 sqft package

I know some of you have used RAAMmat as a sound deadener...but I'd prefer to hear from guys that have actually used the stuff.
S..The best bang for the buck of all the stuff out there plus NO TAR ASPHALT based =NO NASTY SMELL !! I did the inside of the Camaro with it
I don't blame you. Last thing I want to hear is a Camaro.

To me, a few more dollars to get something you know works and won't "smell" is important, especially since it's a lot of labor (I'm expensive...lol).

Dynamat 10455 Xtreme Bulk Pack 9 Sheets, 49% off at Amazon, now a nine pack $136.99, normally $270.00. I did my entire rear including rear deck with one pack and it make ALOT of difference in cutting down tin can sound, road sound and rear end/tires noises. I put in a bolt on panel covered with Dynamat to allow ewasy access to the shocks.

http://www.amazon.com/Dynamat-10455-Xtreme-Bulk-Sheets/dp/B00020CB2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335205114&sr=8-1

sound.jpg

Also sounds like a good product, good info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option is LizardSkin. I am using this on the floors, inner quarters and roof of my car. It can also be painted body color after application. A little less noiceable from a judging perspective and has received great feedback from the kit car world for noise absorption. They also offer a compatable heat barrier product that can be applied and then oversprayed with sound deadener.

http://www.lizardskin.com/

Another option is LizardSkin. I am using this on the floors, inner quarters and roof of my car. It can also be painted body color after application. A little less noiceable from a judging perspective and has received great feedback from the kit car world for noise absorption. They also offer a compatable heat barrier product that can be applied and then oversprayed with sound deadener.

http://www.lizardskin.com/
Yep thats what I used also. Seems to be fine. I used the one with ceramic.

I used raammat on my 72 and found it easy to work with and good value. Also wanted to stay away from tar based products. For best results also get the ensolite closed cell foam as well. The foam blocks out more noise than the raammat alone. Dont need any special rollers for installation. Just wear gloves and ot can be worked in by hand.

I see that this is an older thread, but I was about to start a new one when I came across this one. I'm starting to research sound deadening alternatives to dynamat. I used dynamat in my '54 F-100 project years ago, but at the time I had a hook up at a car stereo place and got a ton of it dirt cheap. Unfortunately that connection has since gone bye bye. I really don't want to spend the $ on dynamat. Has anyone else used raamat since this was posted? If so, what did you think. Not that I don't trust Scott, if he digs it, it's probably good stuff, just looking for some other testimonials.

Thanks!

I got the Eastwood brand and really liked it. Made a world of difference in sound and heat on my feet from the headers. Also priced good. Sticks very well. And forms nice. 1 kit will do the floor pans back to rear passengers feet. If you want to do doors and sides you'll need 2 kits.

I used the raamat, its a lot cheaper than dynamat and I'm very happy with the results. I bought their number 1 package, it has 20 sheets of the BXT II and 3 yards of the ensolite peel and stick foam. The BXT II sheets were very easy to work with, the ensolite was a bit more difficult to handle. It was plenty of material to do the whole interior... I did not do the roof. That package cost me $189.09 including shipping. Good luck!

I have used rattletrap on a few vehicles that turned out good so far. Although I wouldn't ever want to try and get this stuff off after to do rust repair. That is the only thing that scares me. Is the concept of having to possibly take it off if the cancer ever shows up.

Back