Sound off 10-4 if you put CB in yours

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
Yup 

old Midland 2001 in keeping with my decor - a tasteful antenna with the chrome boss 

It may be a Hick thing to do... obviously I'm a Hick ... bite me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet, but I will. Found this 23 channel beauty in a junkyard and polished it up, along with a Craig AM/FM/8-track with quick release anti-theft underdash slider (yes, it still works). I'll keep Steppenwolf and Creedence for it in memory of my Dad ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last vehicle I had one in was a 1985 Ford van that came with high top with a color TV overhead and CB overhead. We use to go hunting in Montana a 48  to 52 hour drive. We would keep the CB on to look out for the troopers. When you passed a McDonalds it would pick up their drive up window conversations, lol.  Since cell phones out not many have them and even fewer Ham radio guys.

The Feds use to raid people that had overpowered CB radios in years past here. Some guys could talk to Europe and SA from here with CB but had way too much power and tall antenna at home.

I had one in my '72 Mach 1 back in the early 80's. Pulled it out when it stopped being my daily driver. My handle was "Speed Demon" after the Deep Purple song. I had no idea it also had a drug connotation when I picked it, but then, I was just an innocent farm kid.

Steve

I had one in my '72 Mach 1 back in the early 80's. Pulled it out when it stopped being my daily driver. My handle was "Speed Demon" after the Deep Purple song. I had no idea it also had a drug connotation when I picked it, but then, I was just an innocent farm kid.

Steve
not yet, but its on the list. I put CB's in all my vintage cars/trucks.  I enjoy listening to the chatter. plus they look cool

Back