Sound off if you have a Boss 351 or '72 R-code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May know the original owner of that grabber lime boss 351. He is a member of our Facebook group "1971 BOSS 351 MUSTANG" and has been inquiring to th current location. Any chance your dad has registered it with Rick Ybarra in the Boss 351 book.

Stangg22,

Are you thinking this could be Daniel's long lost original Boss 351? I am also a member of that Facebook page. As you know there were only 67 Boss 351's painted grabber lime. It would be cool if this was his car from back in the day!

72 R sportroof 2F02R175496. Needs complete resto. Central Wa state car all its life. Gold glow with ginger.

Just starting the disassembly. Hopefully be done by summer. Want to drive it to Yakima and park it in front of Valley Ford, the selling dealer, and get some cool pics!

20160728_163820.jpg

20160728_163752.jpg

Just like the title says, sound off if you have a Boss or '72 R-code and tell us a little about it.
Hi Don! I have two of the thirteen 1972 R code Convertibles. One is Grabber Blue, White/White and the other is Bright Blue, White/White currently undergoing a rotisserie resto. I'll be sending updates on the resto car. I've loved these big body stangs since I was 16, and I just celebrated my 57th birthday! Kevin

IMG_3574.JPG

285.JPG

658.JPG

574.JPG

Just like the title says, sound off if you have a Boss or '72 R-code and tell us a little about it.
Hi Don! I have two of the thirteen 1972 R code Convertibles. One is Grabber Blue, White/White and the other is Bright Blue, White/White currently undergoing a rotisserie resto. I'll be sending updates on the resto car. I've loved these big body stangs since I was 16, and I just celebrated my 57th birthday! Kevin
I'd love to see your collection one day!

I have a 1971 boss light puter metallic original 27000 miles

Hello everyone, well for 30 years I've been the 2nd owner of a 72 M code Mach 1 beautifully restored, as I was starting a freshen up process, I came across a 72 "R" code, knowing what these were I quickly jumped on it and brought it home.

Crazy part, I had inquired about a 71 Boss a few months the back needing restoration, as I figured the deal fell through I was contacted almost 1 week later that the owner wished to close the deal, so I now have a 71 Boss & a 72 "R" Code :)

Let the fun begin

72 R sportroof 2F02R175496. Needs complete resto. Central Wa state car all its life. Gold glow with ginger.

Just starting the disassembly. Hopefully be done by summer. Want to drive it to Yakima and park it in front of Valley Ford,  the selling dealer,  and get some cool pics!
Why is there a automatic in that car ???

Just starting the disassembly. Hopefully be done by summer. Want to drive it to Yakima and park it in front of Valley Ford,  the selling dealer,  and get some cool pics!
Why is there a automatic in that car ???
Not sure what the history is on this R code. Maybe someone thought it would be faster with the auto? I have the correct trans that is going back in.

I'd love to see your collection one day!
Just saw your reply mweeps. You're welcome to see it anytime!

Kevin.

Original owner 72 R code.  Possibly thinking of a factory restoration.  It was originally dark green but it's now black.  Still have the # matching motor sitting in the garage.   There's about 40,000 miles on it and just sits in the garage for the last 30 years.

We would love to hear the story of how you got the car and how you were able to keep it all these years.

Closest I've gotten to owning an R-code is an original toploader case from a local car. Story is the tranny was rebuilt and accidentally run without lube oil. Rather than rebuild it again, they swapped in a good used one. A friend gave it to me when cleaning out his shop. The B351 was his ex-girlfriends, a bright blue metallic car that was in CT in the late 80's to the early 00's.

R code what???????

What body type?

Mach 1's most common - still ultra rare.

Ray
Only 2 choices with R-code within the context of this site - 71 Boss 351 or a 72 351HO. 

Car I was talking about was a Boss 351 (aka - B351)

Back