Sound off if you have a convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help the man out. I would love to see some sequential tail lights as I am considering some for mine. :)

Help the man out. I would love to see some sequential tail lights as I am considering some for mine. :)
:rolleyes: My LED sequential tail lights boards that fit inside of stock tail light lenses for 71-73 mustangs is from "Mustangs Plus" I believe is in Stockton, CA. Do not have the toll free number on hand and do can not find the catalogue which they will supply for free. Now for the BMW look with a multi-color ring inside of the halogen healights comes from Mustangs Unlimited in Conneticut at phone 860 647 1965. For $289.95. the tail light boards is about $299.00. Should be able to track down phone on Mstngs Plus @ Stockton or maybe through toll free directory service.

1972 Mustang, 302 2V converted to 4V. Added hotter cam, higher flow intake, headers, replaced every hose and gasket. Hope to have her drivable by Summer. I said "drivable". It has not been running for 7 years. She still needs a lot of work, but to just drive it down the road will be an amazing accomplishment. It has been in the family for 30 years, I used to beg my sister to borrow her car for dates in the 80's. It was totally restored then. I rescued it from my sister in Dallas. She left it out in the rain with the top down for 3 years, sick!!!!

Mustang from back.jpg

Engine when I got it!

Engine when I got it.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is a '72 vert with a 302 and c-4. The body and paint is good but it had crap interior and electrical issues, etc. plus it just didn't run well at all. A year later all interior has been replaced. Electrical issues fixed and I personally rebuilt the engine. Stock bottom end but now has cast iron GT40 heads, 1.7 ratio cobra roller rockers, Edelbrock performer intake and 600 cfm carb, pertronix ignition, long tube hedman headers, etc. and now this lil' 302 will scoot!

Digger

1973 metallic brown 351C 2V with FMX auto; ginger interior; factory a/c. Have owned it 2 years this month (March 2014); is a great cruise night car. For this simmer I am replacing the interior with seats that have the vinyl mesh (bought used off this forum); replacing the bumper with the deluxe bumper (bought one off ebay and had it straightened and re-chromed; also bought bumper guards off ebay and had them re-chromed them). Unfortunate this winter has just been too cold to do this in an unheated garage this winter.

image.jpgI have a 73 for sale. Buy it please! Lol 351 Cleveland 2v 12300 miles...all original.

Heres my 73:

2h7ncdc.jpg

Hello 71 convertible .521 big block 3speed tci sf 9 inch rear.work in progress.

Still learning how and what needs to be done.

2n7fac6.jpg

mmg3sg.jpg

r1n1cn.jpg

2n7fac6.jpg

mmg3sg.jpg

r1n1cn.jpg
Well they do look good in black don't they!

With that big block make sure you put the shock tower braces on.

If you don't have subframe connectors you should look into getting some too.

Great looking car.

As Will E said with that size engine you should have at least the OEM shock tower braces.

the car will handle much better.

1972 still in restoring stage but has 351c and fmx , factory tinted glass and tilt, has functioning air and soon to have tach dash, and a ton of work to still be done.

Never be a member of a club that would have you as a member... ;>)

'73, 302, 351W ported & polished heads, roller rockers, headers, custom duals, Holley 600cfm. Have owned since... ahem... 1984.Ex-daily driver, now weekend fun. It's foliage season in New England!

Bill Schneider

301195_4198540974829_645878107_n.jpg

10513267_10202316652617078_8113892516195440517_n.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

2n7fac6.jpg

mmg3sg.jpg

r1n1cn.jpg

Got the subframe connectors in the garage .will be looking into shock tower braces thanks for the info.

Good deal. Braces should be easy to find. Post up a 'wanted' and someone on here will probably offer up a factory set cheap. There are also aftermarket sets available. Do some searching on the site and you will find lots of info.

Sub-frame connectors are the bomb. Get them installed asap. :)

Back