South Jersey Mustang and Ford Show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Attended the SJMC 39th Annual Mustang and Ford Show hosted by Holman Ford in Maple Shade, NJ.

Having a 73 Mustang, I'm usually the loneliest guy at the shows because our model years 71-73 aren't the most popular.

But this year I had the pleasure of meeting Richard (rackerm) from Delaware and a member of our group. Great guy and very knowledgeable about our Mustangs.  There was a 72 Grande (Paul) and while not a member, he will be joining us. So a lot of conversation and learning today.

Richard won 1st place for the 64.5 -73 unmodified category and Paul won 3rd place. 

Here's a pic of Richard's and Paul's great looking Mustangs. Mine was in the modified 64.5 - 73 and therefore no trophy for me.....but please don't feel bad as I won not 1, but 2 beer towers.....Oh yeah!!! 

Luckily the wife stayed home or I would have needed to call an Uber for her.

Rich.jpg

Beer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm....a beer tower as a show prize? Never would have thought of that...neat idea!

Attended the SJMC 39th Annual Mustang and Ford Show hosted by Holman Ford in Maple Shade, NJ.

Having a 73 Mustang, I'm usually the loneliest guy at the shows because our model years 71-73 aren't the most popular.

But this year I had the pleasure of meeting Richard (rackerm) from Delaware and a member of our group. Great guy and very knowledgeable about our Mustangs.  There was a 72 Grandé (Paul) and while not a member, he will be joining us. So a lot of conversation and learning today.

Richard won 1st place for the 64.5 -73 unmodified category and Paul won 3rd place. 

Here's a pic of Richard's and Paul's great looking Mustangs. Mine was in the modified 64.5 - 73 and therefore no trophy for me.....but please don't feel bad as I won not 1, but 2 beer towers.....Oh yeah!!! 

Luckily the wife stayed home or I would have needed to call an Uber for her.
Mark, It was great meeting you at the show. What a bounty! I never win anything from those 50/50 raffle tickets. I would have gladly helped you lighten that load.

BTW: I think your wife, had she come along, would have made you take an Uber and she would have driven the stang home (with the roof up...lol!) with all the goodies. Hope we can catch up again sometime.

The South Jersey Mustang Club Homan (formerly Rice and Holman) all Fords show has been a regular show for decades and is one of the better shows in the area. I have been attending them on and off for 20 years. One the few shows that still has judged classes along with the spectator and dealer choice awards.

Here I am at their show in 2002 with my 69 428 Cobrajet R-code (I still miss it) when I weighed less and had more hair!

Two years ago, I attended the SJMC show and had a White 1969 429 Boss one side of me and a Grabber Orange 70 302 Boss on the other and by some fanatsic miracle, my 73 Convertible won the judged 1969 to 1973 class. I like to think that attention to detail was rewarded by the judges'. Goes to show you that even our 71-73 Cinderella cars can win the day!

Back