Southern Ohio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Canada. I purchased my 73 Grande last year and had been sitting since 1979 with 14000 original miles. The engine was stuck not started in 40 years so I took my camera looked in the cylinders and found rust and carbon so i put transmission fluid in all the cylinders took the carb off and poured a litre of transmission fluid down the intake. Transmission fluid will loosen everything up but its a slow process. I pull the distributor and primed the engine every day while I worked on replacing the fuel, brake lines gas tank, brakes and full service, After 2 weeks the engine turned over with a power bar and turned it 10 rotations both ways. After 5 weeks I was done cleaning up the underside doing the lines brakes and gas tank threw in a battery new plugs and points
turned over about 12 times and fired, just purred. Last summer I drove it 500 miles and didn't use any oil, drives like new.
Over the years I've done many survivors sitting 15 20 25 years but this one was the first over 40 years sitting and really thought I would have to pull the engine
but patients paid off. If you need any help just e mail me or we could talk on the phone. Keep it as original as you can! Have fun!

I have been watching this site for awhile trying to get the motivation to restore my 1972 Mustang convertible. My parents bought it new and I have had it since 1979. I drove it during my college days and was lucky to escape a theft attempt in the early 80’s. I last drove it in parades in 1991 and unfortunately have let it sit in the garage since then. Family is now raised and I have the desire to fix it up. I plan to keep it as original as possible. It will take a lot or work but I think the car is pretty solid. I have enjoyed this site and will post updates on the project.View attachment 60014View attachment 60013
My project begins. First step is to get it running.E348006C-E703-44CA-BD71-D9BF0367375E.jpeg

With a base like this, no matter the necessary work, you will escape to the hidden surprises, poorly performed ancient repairs and makeups often found on cars with a rich history of ownerships.
Looking forward to see another sexy 71-73 vert find its way back to the road!
Good luck!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

Back