Spark Plugs What is Correct Plug for 302 Motor?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machman

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
My car seem is running a bit unevely and I was not sure I have the correct spark plugs in it. Spark is going to all the wires so I figure it may be the plugs

My engine is a 302 and the plugs in it are Motorcraft ASF 32C

Are these the correct plugs? If they are not correct does it make a difference in running?

Thanks for any help advice

AJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the motorcraft and autolite spark plug would be if the heads are new from a 1977?

Found info Summit says spark plug is a ASF52 or SP-425 is good for a 302 for 77 maverick which is also same for 71 mustang

I just put in Autolite 25 per other member's recommendation in my 72 302.

Obviously either the parts guy was dumb or I don't have a 73 302 he gave me autilite 45 but there's a huge difference. See pic mine on the right auto lite on the left.

uploadfromtaptalk1342221974172.jpg

I'd cite the whole use of the terms "engine" vs. "motor" thing, but apparently it's accepted either way. rofl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine

Nothing to see here... move along. ;)
Hmm thats a change

motor= electric

engine= non electric

in the day

Obviously either the parts guy was dumb or I don't have a 73 302 he gave me autilite 45 but there's a huge difference. See pic mine on the right auto lite on the left.
or newer model heads, The spark plug diameters of the 302s (and '69-up 351Windsors) was also 18mm until 1975, when Ford went to the smaller 14mm spark plugs in both the '75-up 302s & 351 Windsors.

Back