SPARK PLUGS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang fastback sprint 302 auto.p/s and brakes
ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT PLUG I SHOULD USE?1972 MUSTANG SPRINT 302 WITH STOCK HEADS,MILD CAM AND SPRINGS WITH ROLLERS ROCKERS.4 BARREL WITH HEADERS WILL BE USEING 2 1/4 EXHAUST WITH AN H-PIPE.THANKS,CASEY

I run the stock motorcraft plugs in all my motors. and thats what my motor builder reconmended too. But I have heard and seen good things about the E3 platinum plugs.

I second the motorcraft plug recommendation. There was a thread on here somewhere about plugs recently...I think I may have even started it. lol

NGK's run killer in Fords. They are long lasting and aren't easily fouled out with very tight heat ranges.

Have been running NGK's for years in 260's, 289's, 300's, 302's, 351W's and 351C's. No better plug on the market for Ford's. In my opinion anyway.

I have to run these as per AFD's

Q: Do your heads take the normal spark plugs?

A: No they don't.Like all good aftermarket cylinder heads they require a long reach 5/8 hex washer seat type plug like the NGK BCP6ES range,never use a tapered seat plug in alloy heads,you will damage them trying to get them out as the taper locks onto the alloy once it goes threw a heat cycle.

Back