Speedo cable grommet through cowl replacement?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdennis

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm looking to replace the old rubber grommet on the speedo cable that goes through the cowl.

Other than buying a new cable to replace the existing one that is working perfectly, has anyone come up with an idea on how to replace just the grommet?

Any suggestions?

See my old one.

20211115_155920 - speedo.jpg

https://www.macsautoparts.com/1967-1973-mustang-firewall-speedometer-cable-grommet-44-14463-1.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp44-14463-1&sc_intid=44-14463-1&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI853Yxp-a9AIVh8CGCh1qiAN8EAQYAiABEgKVRvD_BwE

Don at Ohio Mustang may have the grommet as well but I didn't see it listed on his site. He has always been the best go to for me.

Buy the grommet, use a razor blade to slice and install around existing cable without unhooking it. Use a little super glue if needed to reseal cut. Or just unhook one end and install.

I have this new grommet left over from my build. Not sure which one it is but may fit. Hole size ~28mm.

Yes easiest way is to slice and seal back in with sikaflex or similar.

If you can't find a local supplier, I'll post to you, no charge or it will sit in my shed forever.

David

Grommet.jpg  20211116_134317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, hope it helps.

Back