detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
A couple related pics...

The first is like the Ranchero drawing...The second is not hide-away headlights, but it has that look, with an airdam.

falcon-cobra[1].jpg

Ford_Falcon_XB_Utility.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

csgt428

Reaction score
My Car
72 "R" Mach I
72 "Q" Vert C-6
70 "J" Cobra C-6 drag pac
70 "Q" Mach 4-sp
69 "R" Mach C-6 drag pac
69 "R" Cobra FG C-6 4-sale
68 "S" CSGT 4-sp
66 GT 350 Tribute 450 HP stroker HOo HA!
Have some more but that's enough for now....
I posted this one in a thread quite a while ago based on a '68 Camaro grille (ignore the headlight reflections in the bumper :dodgy: )

It doesn't quite look right but I reckon the '69 Camaro grille concept in your drawings would look more natural on our cars.

92ytF.jpg
OH Yeh, you guys have me thinking now. I have an extra hideaway set up from a 70 Torino. I'm gonna start measuring at first light tomorrow....

^

And as good as it looks, this demonstrates exactly why hide-away headlights do NOT belong on the '71-73s: It makes them look like a logical evolution of the first-gen Camaro:

1967_red_Chevrolet_Camaro_RS_front.JPG

Put a standard hood on the Mustang chop, and you'll be hard pressed to tell the two apart at first glance. Only the turn signal shape and the taller greenhouse on the Camaro are the giveaways.

The quad headlight setup in the top right prototype isn't bad though (and I bet Luxstang will love the hood scoop!):

WitzenburgMustang_04_1500.jpg

Funny how the bottom left concept is undoubtedly the source by which Ford restyled the '73 turn signals due to the forced relocation. Note the bumper blackout.

-Kurt

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
OH Yeh, you guys have me thinking now. I have an extra hideaway set up from a 70 Torino. I'm gonna start measuring at first light tomorrow....
Wider and angled different than the Mustang, but you may be able to cut the quad lens mechanism down to a single lamp, and glue a honeycomb section onto it from a scrap grill. Worth a try!

-Kurt

tricksixtyfive

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
351c fmx trans, 2013 kona blue pearl
I just moved the center trim out to the edges and removed the driving lights