Spokes or slots

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slots or spokes

• Total voters
I have a modern version if the Torque Thrust wheels on my '73 only because they look OK but they come in the size that I needed. I really prefer the slotted wheels. I actually just saw some 17" slots from American Racing. I just hope I can get them in custom offset..

Aw crap - I didn't vote in time. I would've gone with spokes. I'm a big fan of the Torque Thrust look. I was wanting Torque Thrust IIs for mine initially, but have more recently decided to go with Cragar S/Ss, since every other hot rod in my town seems to have TT-IIs on them.

The slots are cool, and correct for the car, but I say go with what you like.

Looks like it spokes anyway. After digging through all the crap I couldn't find the speedways for the front. Only the 15x9.5s so looks like its 15x8 and 15x9.5 Halibrand 5 spokes. Can't say I am too disappointed :cool:

I have gone with the 5 spokes. Paid and in the mail.
Thumbs up from me , I always liked the torq thrust style . :cool:

I have gone with the 5 spokes. Paid and in the mail.
Thumbs up from me , I always liked the torq thrust style . :cool:
I"ve looked at those pic's several times. I couldnt make up my mind!! I love that old school look of the slots.....but the sport look of the thrust just makes a great look.

Funny...back in the day all we could afford was taking the "hub caps" off, and painting the wheels black, then came plain chrome rims and an upgrade was the slots.

I like the slots but decided to try spokes this time around. Trying to keep the all black and white theme so I went with black spokes.
Mate probably a bit late with this pic of black slots for you,store it in the memory for future ;)

33o1kph.jpg
[/img]

I am personal to spokes and plan to put a set of 17's on my Stang. But those spokes win hands down. Maybe it is the combo with the tires but they just work.
I think it's because they are period authentic too. Have the real old school look because they come from back in the day. Good luck with yours,you can fit some big rubber under these old cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Back