Sport Lamp Switch Pigtail

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Pewter Convertible 351-4V
FWIW, this was how we did ours. We just bought trailer connectors and fabricated our own harness. Not as pretty as OEM, we have tunes now.
If you're not concerned about wire colors being correct, Ford used standard trailer bullet plugs. You can get generic male/female plugs at:
https://www.delcity.net/store/Molded-Connectors/p_917717

I was reading this in a related thread on speaker wiring pigtails and wanted to jump in with a similar question here. Would the female trailer connections work for fabricating a pigtail to my sport lamps switch? I'm using a 70 Mach 1 sport lamp switch in my build. Or, am I better off trying to locate one out of a donor car?

Attachments

• SLSwitch.jpg
    SLSwitch.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
I was reading this in a related thread on speaker wiring pigtails and wanted to jump in with a similar question here. Would the female trailer connections work for fabricating a pigtail to my sport lamps switch? I'm using a 70 Mach 1 sport lamp switch in my build. Or, am I better off trying to locate one out of a donor car?
No. The sportslamp switch does does not use bullet plugs, sorry.

Donor car. You can use Cougar power window connectors, but you'll need to drill a new hole for access for putting one of the pins in its proper place. This is a bear of a connector to find. Power convertible tops are another option, but those are also in high demand.

After spending some time with Randy, (BIG Thanks brother) I finally understood what I needed and how it was going to fit into my build. Richard and Junior at West Coast Classic Cougar put together a factory pancake switch connector and pigtail for me. They spent some time on the phone with me to make sure they understood my needs and that I had a viable plan for my build with this 1970 Sport Lamps switch. (Again, thanks to Randy)

They shipped it on Tuesday, from Oregon, and I received it today.

** NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE **

Back