Stabilizer bar ( rear)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgins56

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Fastback now with 503 CID 4 bolt block with AFR Bullit heads , Edelbrock Performer RPM AirGap intake and ProSystems carburettor 1050.
4 sp Toploader with 9" Wavetrac rear.
Caltracs and shocks at the rear.
I purchased from a friend this stabilizer bar for the rear - chap as it was. He claims it was from a 72 Mach 1 with 351 engine...

Does anybody recognize the manufacturer or model - there are no stamps no identification - nothing...

It is zink coated and painted blue....Would it be worth adding to my 71 Mach 1 which has 9" rear end and shelby bars added.

Would this stabilizer bring anything to justify assembly.

In the accesories market I have noted that the stabilizer bars for 71-73 cars for the rear are straight - without this curve in the middle.

Being a bit suspecious my question is : would this fit ?

stabilizer copy.jpg

Can I chime in and ask if all 71-73's came with a rear sway bar? My 72 does not have one with its 8 inch. Does this mean all unibodies came with the places to mount one then?

I have this same bar. It's an aadco piece that came with my suspension kit from npd. Mine didn't come with axle brackets either. The way it mounted was a bracket with bushings that mounts through frame holes you have to drill. The ends use an end link that would mount to the sway bar mounting plate that gets sandwiched between the axle and u bolt plate. I might still have the hardware. If I do I will post a picture for you

I took another look at the picture. You actually have the bracket for the bushing. He put it at the ends. The bushings on that bracket and the end links attach to the sway bar mounting plate at the u bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back