Strange Windshield Request???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
I have a strange, yet practical request for anyone willing to accept :huh:

I want to flush-mount my windshield...but I don't have one yet, and chucked the one I took out 7 years ago. I don't have the $ for one at the moment, nor would I use a brand new good one for mock-up anyway. So, my request is that someone who has a winshield out of a coupe (I think they're the same coupe, 'vert, FB???) that can make me a full sized accurate paper template, measure the exact thickness of it, and mail it to me (I'll obviously pay for shipping + a few $ for your time ;)). My plan is to make a template out of masonite pressboard and use it for mock-up. I did this once before on a roof chop I did for my '54 F-100 and it worked out pretty well, I actually installed the "wood windhield", then removed it and the glass shop cut my glass to match the template I had made and it fit perfect!

I know someone out there on this board is willing to do a fellow '71-'73 lover a huge favor, the guys here are the best of any forum site I've ever been on :wub:

Thanks!

I have my window out of the fastback, but it still has all the glue and crap on it. After I finish with the seats I'd be more than willing to help you out if someone doesn't chime in first. I'm hoping to finish the seats this coming week/weekend, then I can clean up the windshield. Maybe next week or the week after? Hopefully that works with your timeline.

That would be great! I posted this with some lead time to when I wanna start this, so take your time. My plan right now is to finish off the bottom of the car to primer and maybe even paint my interior sheet metal before I take it off the rotisserie. Once it's off, flushing the windshield and back glass are 1st up before panel fitting. So I'm looking at about 3-4 weeks anyway.

Just gotta double check if coupe and FB take the same windshield.

Thanks man!!! :)

Edit: I just checked Mustangs Unlimited's website and they have coupe/vert listed as a different part # than FB. Anyone know what makes than different???

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to flush-mount my windshield.
Wow...that is too cool. Do you dream up these things in the middle of the night like I do?
Hahaha! Sometimes, the other times I take inspiration from watching re-runs of overhaulin' on Netflix, or just standing in the garage late at night, staring at the car silently by myself and picturing in my head what I want it to look like. :)

Fastback windscreens are a different size to coupe windscreens - coupe windows are about 1 inch taller when measured from top edge to bottom edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to bump this thread...I haven't had a chance to start on the rear one yet because life and a new front end on my '00 side tracked me a bit. Just curious if anyone's got anything? I'll even mail you a large enough piece of paper to trace it onto with return postage...even if someone's glass is still in the car but the trim happens to be off you could just lay the paper down, trace the outer edge, fold it back up and ship it back, anyone...::shrug::

Ok...so it's been over a year since my 1st post on this and although my plan was to do it shortly after that, I never got a chance to pursue it. After looking closely at the back glass I decided rather than make more work for myself I'm gonna just have a slightly larger glass made to fill the factory opening. Since the back glass on a coupe is completely flat this shouldn't be an issue. I do still however need some help on the front. Turns out a Fastback is different, but if anyone has they're windshield out of a coupe or convertible it'd be awesome if you could help me out on this!!! Thanks!

I missed this one the first time around. Let me measure the one I got recently and verify its the correct size for my coupe. I'm working on a stupid boat today , but I should have time this evening to look.

I'd love to help you out but I'm not panning on removing my windscreen anytime soon. We've had quite a few additions to the family here since your orignial post so maybe some fellow coupe owners will be able to help.

Back